Best Beach??

RichardK

well you know that if you are looking for the best beach close to the dock that has facilities then you are going to have plenty of cruise ship guests along with you. It will not be a nice quiet beach on that particular day. Fort James beach sounds like it is what you are after.

My picks are slightly further and are:

1) Turners

2) Jolly Harbour at Castaways Restaurant

3) Dutchmans Bay check http://www.h20antigua.com

4) Dickenson Bay at the Beach restaurant

5) Runaway Bay at Bikinis

6) Fort JAmes at Millers

Antiguan>>>Thank you.

A few questions, please:

Is that "Millers by the Sea" at Fort James??

Place to grab something to eat and a cold beer. Chairs, umbrellas??

About how far of a taxi ride from the ship??

Thanks again

Millers by the sea has umbrellas and beach chairs there are other places in Dickenson Bay beach area see www.qualityci.com for beaches information in Dickenson Bay area. It is about 6 minutes from the dock

Have a great vacation

www.classified-ads-antigua.com

What would the taxi cost be for "6 minutes from the dock"?

Hi

I am still hoping for an answer on how much a taxi would be to Miller's beach or whatever the name is.

Also, I am having trouble understanding is Miller's by the sea and Dickenson Bay beach the same place?

Please help.

a taxi to Millers should cost you about $10US.

On your quesitons about Miillers - no its not the same as dickinson Bay - you have 3 beaches on the north Wesr side of St Johns - the nearest is Fortbay - which is where millers is , the next one is runaway Bay - where you will find Bikinis- which used ot be Lashings as well asplaces like the Lobster shack, and the third one is Dickinson Bay which is where Sandals is , as well as restaurants the Beach and Cocumut grove.

They are all only 6-10 minute taxi ride to be honest so not much in it.

Hope this helps

Denfield

Richard...We have been to several beaches and love them all even though I don't know all of the names. We did Miller's by the Sea years ago when it was down by Sandals and that beach was ok. Then we did Millers by the Sea in its new location and that beach was ok too. We have most recently been going to the Allegro resort on a day pass. It is less crowded and beautiful even though it is a further taxi ride away. Check it out at allegroantigua.com.

Hi i am having a tough time picking my shore excursion for antigua.

help!!!

choices are: Antigua Beach Break which goes to Millers by the Sea for 5 hours and gives you a barbecue lunch, or Half Day at Turners for 4 hours cheaper price with no lunch but we can buy lunch at the restaurant there.

any ideas??

wh

• 3 weeks later...

I don;t know of a Castaway Beach but there is Castaways Beach Bar which is on jolly Beach.

not that much difference except that the water is a bit deeper at turners, but also it tends to be very busy on cruise ship days as lots of taxi drivers take their customers there for lunch, hwever you can get sun beds and shade. Jolly Beach is longer, so even with a lot fo people can still feel relatively quiet, and the main sahde and sunbeds on offer are for customers of jolly Harbou Villa.

Fares to both should be about $25us per couple as turners only a couple of miiles more down the same road. both are a very good choice.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Darkwood beach is another great beach option close to the port (no more than 10-15 min. away). It is picture perfect with swaying palm trees and turquoise water. It has rest rooms/changing rooms and a snack bar. This was our favorite beach on our cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi .. we just came back from sailing on the Adventure of the Seas and stopped at Antigua... This was our second time here. We went to Dickenson Bay. It is close to the pier. I think it was about 10 minutes to the Dock area.

We went to the area by the Beach Rest (i think that's the name) it was before the Sandals. The last time we went we went to the beach after Sandals. We liked this spot much better. The waters were calm... beautiful and not very crowded. We ate lunch at a very nice restaurant right on beach. The food was good.

We liked the beach and the fact it was close to the port.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is Dickenson Bay/Beach a public beach? Would you need to buy a "day pass" from one of the local resorts to enjoy this area? Also, will the Sandels construction still be in going on in November and could that have a negative effect on enjoying the area?

I know....lots of questions :) But need answers! THANKS

Archived