looking for Oscar

welovetocruise1234

bwerner,

I don't know if this will help you or not. When you get off the ship you will be at a pier where the ship gathers their tours together near the gangway. We were not sure where we were supposed to meet Oscar either, so we continued down the pier and he was waiting at the end of it with a sign with our names on it. He had to wait over 1 1/2 hours for us as our ship was late arriving in Puerto Limon. You will have a great time with him.

Colleen

Hi Grace, Just thought I'd let you know that I called Oscar using my land line. I used "Lucky Dog" which is a 10-10-345 number. A 15 minute call to C.R. ran about 3.45. I looked on the internet to find 1010 numbers and this one was about the cheapest. You have to be careful, because some of these services charge considerably more for calls to cell phones. Hope this helps. I've talked with Oscar twice. I figure that even if I have to make a third call, I'm still ahead of the cost of the international calling card! I think the 600 minutes that was referenced on the other posting, was most likely a misprint. $22 was most likely for 60 minutes.

Denise McKienzie (tmckienzie)

Horizon in CR on 11/23

Colleen: I am just curious: how much would be the average for a phone call to CR from one's home phone? I never have used a phone card, and could you give me the easy directions for using a phone card?

We have Oscar reserved for 2-11, and I did initially receive an e mail back from him confirming, but now we have added some folks (there will be 12 in all), and need to know that this is ok. Sent e mail but no response as yet.

I get nervous when things are not in writing!

We are looking forward to our day with Oscar, and thanks for giving us all this info.

Grace

Grace, We originally had set 8:30 AM as our meeting time. However, I have had several members from the Coral Princess sign up with my group (we now will use 2 vans: those ziplining in one, the wimps in the other!) Oscar had suggested an 8 AM meeting time to them. This may be a way of "staging" his tours. Since we've combined, I'm going to verify start time Tuesday night. I'm sure time depends on what you have planned, size of group, as well as personal preference. Hope this helps! Denise

Denise: thanks so much for the info. I plan to use it. Did Oscar say what time he usually meets groups for tours?

Grace

Archived