What is a Guarantee?

hatchetjack5

I know, probably a dumb question, but I was curious about possibly the upgrade fairy coming to visit me.

I told them I wanted room E36 on the Imagination, is that considered a guarantee?

Guaranteed only means that you pay the lowest price in a particular category, however they do not assign your cabin immediately, it might take a couple of months or it might take up to 30 days before cruising before they actually assign you a cabin #. Yes, there is a possibility of an upgrade, however it is not certain.

Best of Luck;)

It is when you book a cabin in a specific catagory but no room assignment. You have a chance of upgrades thru the entire catagory. We had a 4A guty in October and wound up with a 4C. It was great. Just one deck below the lido on the verhanda deck. walked about 200 feet and up the steps to the lido.

I like booking the guaranteed rooms. You always have a chance of something better.

There's a really good article on Carnival guarantee assignments here (I should know, I wrote it!): http://cruises.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Carnival_Cruise_Cabin_Assignments

That said, I had a guarantee oceanview on our last cruise (Paradise, 4/14/08), and we couldn't have been happier with the assignment -- Cabin E152, nice midships on Empress Deck and very convenient to just about everything. But it's really a crap shoot, and you can be assigned something tucked away just as easily.

There's a really good article on Carnival guarantee assignments here (I should know, I wrote it!): http://cruises.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Carnival_Cruise_Cabin_Assignments

That said, I had a guarantee oceanview on our last cruise (Paradise, 4/14/08), and we couldn't have been happier with the assignment -- Cabin E152, nice midships on Empress Deck and very convenient to just about everything. But it's really a crap shoot, and you can be assigned something tucked away just as easily.

I must certainly have to agree with you. You do not know what you will get. If you are a picky person or want a specific area, DO NOT book guarantee. You might not be happy at all.:rolleyes:

Booking a guarantee means they pick your cabin and they can't give you anything less than the category you book. In other words, I book an 8A gty and they can't asign anything less than standard balcony. My last cruise I was assigned an 8E aft cabin with extended balcony and paid for 8A so it saved me a lot of money from selecting that cabin. However, they make guarantee assignments with the leftovers which may not be the best cabins. If nobody picked them, there might be a reason (near a disco etc).

I know, probably a dumb question, but I was curious about possibly the upgrade fairy coming to visit me.

I told them I wanted room E36 on the Imagination, is that considered a guarantee?

Nope, you are done with your cabin selection.

Fred

if u told them the specific room you want..its not a gaurantee and u wont get an upgrade ...sorry :(

My last cruise i booked a 1A gaurantee and got bumped all the way up to 5A which is like a partial obstructed balcony..it was so great, i was so happy to at least be able to see the ocean in the morning

for my next cruise i did a 4A gaurantee and got a 4A room assignment so i didnt loose out either way.

Archived