VA4176 or VB 4178 - Westerdam

Deb and Jack

Does anyone know if the difference between these 2 cabins is significant?

There is a $100 price difference, not much, and I can't tell from the deck plans what the difference is except that 4178 might be slightly smaller??

Just curious if anyone knows?

Also, has anyone noticied if the "couples massage" is ever discounted on port days?

Getting ready to book and not sure which way to go..

Thanks for any input.

Deb

Since we had a VB 6024, I can tell you, our balcony had a chair and an ottoman plus 2 smaller chairs identicial to those you see with the dining tables by the lido pool. We had no loungers.

I also saw a small chair in the room. We just had the sette that made into a twin bed, no chair. So it does look as though you have a litte more room, but only you can decide if it is worth $200 more.

I was in 4176 on the Westerdam with the wife last year. This cabin is quite a bit larger than 4178. The furniture almost seems too small for the room. The cabin is probably the largest V cat you can find. The veranda is also huge. We had our steward bring a lounge chair for my wife to lay out on. The negative of this location was the soot that collected on the veranda and vibration from the ships propulsion. This was before the Westerdam had its aft-lift, so the soot problem might have gone away. Never the less, I would do an aft again, but maybe a few decks higher.

I was in 4176 on the Westerdam with the wife last year. This cabin is quite a bit larger than 4178. The furniture almost seems too small for the room. The cabin is probably the largest V cat you can find. The veranda is also huge. We had our steward bring a lounge chair for my wife to lay out on. The negative of this location was the soot that collected on the veranda and vibration from the ships propulsion. This was before the Westerdam had its aft-lift, so the soot problem might have gone away. Never the less, I would do an aft again, but maybe a few decks higher.
New to the HAL board. What's an "aft-lift"? We're in 4176 on the Oosterdam, which I am assuming is similar to the Westerdam. Will we see soot on our deck?

An "aft lift" is a humorous term for what happened to the stern of 3 of the Vista ships, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Zuiderdam (the last one, Noordam, was built with the new stern configuration). The retrofit added a few cabins, covered the balcony of others, made a few stern balconies smaller.

I didn't have soot on Zuiderdam aft balcony 5190. I think this may happen occasionally when the wind/direction the ship is sailing is unfavorable.

4176 of the O'dam will be the same as the W'dam.

Since we had a VB 6024, I can tell you, our balcony had a chair and an ottoman plus 2 smaller chairs identicial to those you see with the dining tables by the lido pool. We had no loungers.

I also saw a small chair in the room. We just had the sette that made into a twin bed, no chair. So it does look as though you have a litte more room, but only you can decide if it is worth $200 more.

We just booked cabin VB 6024 for Alaska. Any pointers are appreciated!

We were in 4176 on the Oosterdam on the Feb 23rd sailing. The room was large and the verandah was big too. We really enjoyed the cabin. I can post pics if you would like.

Some days we did find "stuff" on the verandah. Nothing major...some soot was noticeable. Let me know if you have further questions.

Patti

I concur with the other posters. We were in 4174 on Westerdam. It was a great cabin.

The cabin was very spacious, as was the verandah.

Yes, we did experience some soot and vibration, but not enough to put us off. The view over the stern and the extra space was fantastic!

I don't believe the verandah space was changed for deck 4 cabins during the aft-lift.

Steve.

Archived