Beach towels

alfngf

Do you normally take your own or just use the ones on the ship? What about for water excursions off the ship??

I'm debating not even packing them and just using the ship but we are going to scuba in two ports so I want to make sure I will have one to use. I'm just trying to keep my luggage as lite as possible and since I'm a shoe person I thought I could eliminate weight with not taking towels.

We just use the ones from the ship and have never had any problems. When you get back on board you can go to the pool area and swap the wet ones in for dry ones if you wish to finish laying out with for the rest of the day.

We bring 1 thin (cheap) towel with us. The Carnival towels are really fluffy and won't fit into our snorkel bags. The cheap one goes perfectly and is good for drying off after getting out of the water. Just our opinion...

I guess we are the oddballs. I take ours from home. However I use them to wrap bottles of wine, or my alarm clock or some other breakable so I don't consider them dead weight. They aren't thin, cheap ones, but I'm certainly not going to cry if they came up missing. I would cry however if I had to pay $25 for a Carnival towel.:eek:

We took our own the first time. This time, we're not going to. After a few times being used, our towels weren't so pretty from being wet, sandy, etc... I suppose I could have washed them, but I wasn't in a laundry mood while on vacation. ;) They also took up a bit of luggage space which we will be able to use more of this time since we're bringing the kids.

Last cruise we brought our own from home. This time I think we aren't going to pack our own. We will just use the ones from the ship.... that way we can get a new one and don't have to hang our own towels to dry them.

OK... I am confused and have to ask. First I see that if you lose your towel you have to pay $25, but then I see that you can get another one at the pool. If you lost one, why couldn't you "replace" it with a pool towel?

I know... I know... I am a cruising noob so just curious.

We've always brought the thin cheap ones for ports just because they are lighter and take up less room in the beach tote. The Carnival ones are really nice but also bulky and heavy.

I may rethink that plan this year with the new airline bag restrictions since we are trying to pack as light as possible and have more beachy type port - ours would probably get pretty yucky by the end of the week and if we do the ship towels we could get fresh ones at least.

OK... I am confused and have to ask. First I see that if you lose your towel you have to pay $25, but then I see that you can get another one at the pool. If you lost one, why couldn't you "replace" it with a pool towel?

I know... I know... I am a cruising noob so just curious.

you trade in your dirty one for a clean one.

Archived