Special Rates During Month of May (Military)

chandom

Press release at: http://carnival.com/CMS/Articles/militaryrates_2008.aspx

Active and Retired Military Personnel Can Book Up to Three Fun Ship Staterooms at Special Rates During Month of May

04/28/2008

MIAMI (April 28, 2008) – In honor of Memorial Day, Carnival Cruise Lines is offering active and retired military personnel an opportunity to book up to three “Fun Ship” staterooms for themselves and their friends and family members at special discounted rates.

The new “Carnival Salutes Our Troops” promotion is available in conjunction with a wide variety of three- to 12-day “Fun Ship” voyages to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii and Europe, departing between now and Dec. 31, 2009, from 20 different departure points. Reservations must be made between May 1-31, 2008, to qualify.

Military personnel and their friends and families can take advantage of the following special rates: $219 per person for three-day cruises to the Bahamas and Baja Mexico; $229 per person for four-day cruises to the Bahamas, Caribbean and Mexico; $279 per person for five-day cruises to the Caribbean, the Bahamas and Mexico; $479 per person for seven-day cruises to the Caribbean and Alaska; and $829 per person for 12-day cruises to Hawaii and Europe.

“The new ‘Carnival Salutes Our Troops’ promotion is our way of recognizing the tremendous efforts of the brave men and women who serve in our armed forces,” said Gerry Cahill, Carnival president and CEO.

The promotion is valid for individual bookings only, capacity controlled and not applicable with any other discount offer. Military personnel must provide proof of service during the reservations process to be eligible for the special rates. Certain other restrictions apply.

Carnival is the largest and most popular cruise line in the world, with 22 “Fun Ships” operating three- to 18-day voyages to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, the Panama Canal, Canada, New England, Bermuda, Europe, and South America.

The line currently has three new ships scheduled for delivery between now and 2011. The first of those, the 113,300-ton Carnival Splendor, is scheduled to enter service in Europe July 2, 2008.

For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.

So, I'm wondering if vets qualify--I will call after May 1.

Yes, Vets qualify also, you just need to fax them a copy of your Page 4 of your DD-214 and a copy of your drivers license. A DD-214 with 2 or more years, honorable.

Fred

Too bad this ONLY works if they go with you on the cruise or they are deployed at the time. I planned a cruise for next year for my daughter, but cannot afford to take the whole family and my dh is in the military and has been deployed since June of last year. They told me in order to get the military rate he would have to go with us. :mad: . Bummer

Just curious...I booked our very first cruise ever yesterday with the military discount, it was a great discount however it looks like the price will be cheaper in May. Is there any way we can get our room for the May rate or possibly some OBC? We are very new to this so I do not know if this is even possible. Also we have some family that are now looking to book the same cruise, what are the chances of getting this family and friends deal now that we have booked ours? Could we add them & get this deal?

Thanks!

Tina

Stupid question I suppose, but does the rate per person include the 3rd and 4th person too? In other words, would they be the same price as the 1st and 2nd person? Also, the rate quoted - does anyone know if that includes all taxes, fuel surcharges and port charges??

Just trying to figure out if the military rate we're already booked at is cheaper or not. :confused:

Just curious...I booked our very first cruise ever yesterday with the military discount, it was a great discount however it looks like the price will be cheaper in May. Is there any way we can get our room for the May rate or possibly some OBC? We are very new to this so I do not know if this is even possible. Also we have some family that are now looking to book the same cruise, what are the chances of getting this family and friends deal now that we have booked ours? Could we add them & get this deal?

Thanks!

Tina

Glad you asked this question! I'm looking forward to the answer, as I'm in the same situation!

How odd. I called my Carnival PVP but she is still out of the office. I did talk to a woman who is a stand in for her and when I asked her about the offer she had no idea what I was talking about. I sure hope when I talk to my PVP (she is back tomorrow) she is more knowledgable

I called our PVP last night. We booked our cruise on Sunday and did get a military discount, and then we saw this press release about the May discount. She said she had seen the press release, but didn't know anything else and for me to call her back after the 1st. She said it will not apply to all ships and/or cruises, but that was all she could tell me. I will be calling her back!

Anybody know the pp's answer.

If we already booked under military discount, can we now add additional cabins under friends and family?

I booked earlier today with the military discount. My PVP told me my niece ,that is booking next week, will get the discount too. Hope this helps..

Has anyone been able to clarify whether or not the rates in this offer are merely a sampling of the current military rates being offered, or are these exact rates going to apply to each and every sailing that is included in the offer?

$219 per person for three-day cruises to the Bahamas and Baja Mexico;

$229 per person for four-day cruises to the Bahamas, Caribbean and Mexico;

$279 per person for five-day cruises to the Caribbean, the Bahamas and Mexico;

$479 per person for seven-day cruises to the Caribbean and Alaska; and

$829 per person for 12-day cruises to Hawaii and Europe.

I booked military rate last year for Oct 2008 cruise...

My PVP has "left" Carnival and I called the "Carnival Customer Care Professional" -assigned his current bookings.

Asked her about May special.(ie could I get a lower rate by chance) she was very curt and said..it does not pertain to me...only if I wish to add more rooms or extra passengers in mine.. that is not how I am reading it -or am I wrong.....

Does anyone know if this discount is better than the regular military discount I got last year or is this the same military discount. I guess I could call Carnival, huh?

see my post above.. I was told "no"....:confused:

I booked military rate last year for Oct 2008 cruise...

My PVP has "left" Carnival and I called the "Carnival Customer Care Professional" -assigned his current bookings.

Asked her about May special.(ie could I get a lower rate by chance) she was very curt and said..it does not pertain to me...only if I wish to add more rooms or extra passengers in mine.. that is not how I am reading it -or am I wrong.....

Actually, it's not too far off.

The May "Military" promotion is set up so that you can book an additional cabin at the military rate. This cabin would be 'linked' to the person who served. It's not a deeper discount for the going military rates.

For example, we have two connecting OV cabins booked right now. My husband (former Marine!!!) and two kids are booked in one at the military rate. Myself and another kiddo are in the other at the standard rate. With this promotion, we can get the cabin I am in at the military rate.

Actually, it's not too far off.

The May "Military" promotion is set up so that you can book an additional cabin at the military rate. This cabin would be 'linked' to the person who served. It's not a deeper discount for the going military rates.

For example, we have two connecting OV cabins booked right now. My husband (former Marine!!!) and two kids are booked in one at the military rate. Myself and another kiddo are in the other at the standard rate. With this promotion, we can get the cabin I am in at the military rate.

thanks for the explanation...you did that so much better (and nicer) than she did!!!:) appreciate it!

Archived