Windsurf Pricing: Why Still So Expensive?

bzv143

I was looking at doing the Venice-Rome trip on Windsurf this summer and was surprised to see such high prices for a one-week sailing.

I would think that with the state of the economy, the high euro prices, the fact that fewer Americans are now traveling because of the economy, and with a ship that still has a lot of available cabins, I would have found cheaper--more competitive pricing. I could do an Azamara 16 day for almost 1/2 the cost of a 1 week Windsurf.

Anyone hear the scuttlebutt about whether Windstar will be reducing fares anytime soon in order to fill the ship(s)? :confused:

Well if you think about it, fuel is more expensive there, food is more expensive there, along with almost everything else. Now look at the fact that it is a small ship, advertised as a luxury experience (I hope) I suspect people wanting to travel to Europe with the

dollar/euro exchange rate will see cruising as an attractive option.

We are doing 10 days pre cruise touring Italy on our own and then on the Monaco GP

Windsurf cruise May 18th. We will spend more per day between rail, hotel, and food than what our per day cost is on the ship.

Bottom line cruising in Europe being expensive is still in many ways less than trying to do it on land.

Archived