Carnival Food differnt per ship class

djede

I would really love to know the answer to this question >

I just got off The Imagination (Fantasy Class) and I thought the food was good but not great like some people on this site say . I have traveled 2 times on each Carnival and Royal Carribean . I thought the food on Royal Carribean was much better .

I can only help but wonder if it depends on class so can you help

Thanks

Ed

I just got off The Imagination (Fantasy Class) and I thought the food was good but not great like some people on this site say . I have traveled 2 times on each Carnival and Royal Carribean . I thought the food on Royal Carribean was much better .

Thanks

Ed

It's not the class of the ship, but the head chef on each ship that will determine any differences in preparation or presentation. The food on all of our cruises has been great, even if slightly different from ship to ship.

It really is a matter of opinion. I find Carnival food better than Royal Caribbean and/or Princess (those are the only 2 I can compare). I have also cruised on the various classes of carnival ships. Most of the menus and food are the same. Of course there is a difference with some buffet stations as well as the specialty restaurants. I also just read that some of the room service menus are also offering different items.

It's not the class of the ship, but the head chef on each ship that will determine any differences in preparation or presentation. The food on all of our cruises has been great, even if slightly different from ship to ship.

I totally agree with this. Even though we were told doing the Galley tour that the food is made the same with photos to follow. I was disapointed with the way the dished were prepaired on the Liberty. The Inspiration and Triumph were very, very close to being the same.

Thanks

Ed

I have never been on a bad cruise and have never been served anything but excellent food. I also would never compare one cruise line to another. But then I have only cruised Carnival and will not change.

So from what you guys are saying is the menus are the same no matter what ship I go on ?

There was a thread a while back that I found that had pictures of teh menus but I can't find it now ..If I find it I will post.

I am not saying the food was bad it was good just not great ...anyone in my opinion can make a good steak, Royal served it au poviore while Carnival just served it ...steak on a plate. Royal served duck l'orange ...Carnival served roasted duck on plate. Sorry about spelling. Maybe it's the fact that I have worked in the restaurant industry before

Having said that ...we are planning another cruise on Carnival because of their pricing ...they are really affordable ...$200 less than Royal which means I can bring my son

Comments for others

LisaT12...I agree it is a matter of opinion ..why did you like carnival's food better

Pegss222...never say never the perks RCC offers are great

Thanks

Ed

So from what you guys are saying is the menus are the same no matter what ship I go on ?

Yes, the menus are all the same. But they are phasing out the Georges Blanc menu and have a new head chef who is updating some of the items, so they should be changing soon if not already.

I was on RC Majesty last month and thought the food was very average. I'm going on the Imagination later in the year. I'm hoping that it'll be better. I know what you mean about the food being okay. I also worked in the rest. industry once, so I know where you're coming from. The Carnival Liberty food was very good last year when I traveled.

Absolutley it will be a little differant. Same menu different kitchen teams..........

And if Carnival is changing, thank god!!!!

I have found the food good on all the lines I have been one..........

But then again I eat to live not live to eat:D

I was on the Freedom two weeks ago and the food was average to below average. I don't know if changing the dinner times had anything to do with this. The last two years we were on the Valor and the food was much better. Some of the beef dishes were bearly edible on the Freedom.

I just got off of the Pride, and I found the food to be very disappointing, everything was always luke warm to almost cold.... I will say we did eat one night in David's Supper club and the food was excellent, first and only hot meal of the trip. I understand that they are serving a lot of people, BUT food should be hot not cold. And do not get me going on the lack luster breakfast that was served, I have never seen oatmeal so runny, the same thing over and over and over again. I had heard on some cruises that they would carve fresh ham in the morning and stuff like that. Was just very disappointing.... But I do highly recommend the Mojios at the lobby bar, ask Cherry to make them for you..

I will say we did eat one night in David's Supper club and the food was excellent,

Exactly ...this is part of my point . I have heard great things about the supper clubs on Carnival ...our ship didn't offer it . I have heard the food is great, is coursed, it is fancier . I think the supper club might be what Royal does every night.

For example

RC Navigator 06 ....every night we had choices of appetizers, soup, salad, meal

Carnival Imagination 08...there were not many choices and they really were not coursed ..the way the menu was laid out it seemed like they wanted you to pick either a salad and app, or a soup then meal.

I am now going to try to find the thread that had the pictures of the menus, when I find it I will post it

-Ed

Ok I found the thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=738965&highlight=menu+pictures

go about halfway down the page SunnyInMA post then click on the link

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/free07/menus.htm

If my menus looked like that I would have been happy ....now I am really confused because everyone has said the menus are the same .

I agree with this post. We have sailed on Carnival, RCCL as well as NCL, and have all been excellent.

Exactly ...this is part of my point . I have heard great things about the supper clubs on Carnival ...our ship didn't offer it . I have heard the food is great, is coursed, it is fancier . I think the supper club might be what Royal does every night.

For example

RC Navigator 06 ....every night we had choices of appetizers, soup, salad, meal

Carnival Imagination 08...there were not many choices and they really were not coursed ..the way the menu was laid out it seemed like they wanted you to pick either a salad and app, or a soup then meal.

I am now going to try to find the thread that had the pictures of the menus, when I find it I will post it

-Ed

Every cruise I've been on, whether there was a supper club or not, you had a menu that listed starters, salads, entrees. Then you got your dessert menu.

You were not expected to choose either a starter OR a soup OR a salad. And if you wanted one of each, you could order one of each and multiple entrees!

Every cruise I've been on, whether there was a supper club or not, you had a menu that listed starters, salads, entrees. Then you got your dessert menu.

You were not expected to choose either a starter OR a soup OR a salad. And if you wanted one of each, you could order one of each and multiple entrees!

On the link I provided it was laid out exactly how you are describing your past cruise mealsand mine as well

Past

4-5 choices for apps

3-4 choices for soups

2-3 choices salads

5-7 choices for entries

For this cruise

LEFT side of menu:

STARTERS

4-5 choices of apps /soups ...these selections were grouped together and called starters

SALAD

1 salad choice

SPA

same items as above but low cal

RIGHT side of menu:

Main Course

4 choices ...1 night there was 5

Aterative Selections

they had the same things every night shrimp cocktail,ceasar salad, steak and one other item which alternated

Now having said that I have heard the supper club on Carnival is more like what I have seen in the past...fancier food, more choices.

I really don't get it but it just wasn't the same as before . I wish I had pictures of the Imaginations menu for this past week to show you

-

Ed

The food onboard Carnival is suppose to be the same but I have seen many photos on here showing dishes served differently. In my Freedom Galley tour thread you will see pictures on the board that show how the dishes are suppose to come out and be served to the people.

If you cruise on alot of Carnival ships, you can tell when they have an off week or a sucky chef. I know for sure that one thing that didn't help Carnival was that sucky bland George Blanc menu. They spend alot of dough on it and it really sucked.

With Carnival's new Fleet Wide Chef Andrew DeSosa, things are getting alot better now. So far the Freedom's and Paradise menus are tasting way better then before. They are also adding new dishes as they go.

Fantasy Class ships already got the changes and he is currently onboard Freedom revamping their dishes and will work his way to the rest of the Conquest class ships down to the Spirit Class ships and then he will be done.

Now we are getting somewhere ...thanks Wennfred . I kenew it had to be per class.

Judging by that thread I posted and your comments ...they must not have changed the Fantasy class yet .

Now we are getting somewhere ...thanks Wennfred . I kenew it had to be per class.

Judging by that thread I posted and your comments ...they must not have cahnged the Fantasy class yet .

I was told that the Fantasy class had the changes done, but maybe not all of the ships.

Fred

Archived