Tracking passengers by RCCL that had previous issues

AAAMom

Hi All,

Just returned from a great week on the Liberty. I'm curious about something. Two years ago we were on the Voyager and had a few issues for which RCCL graciously gave us a credit which we used toward this cruise. Prior to this Liberty cruise we had a issue with our excursions and RCCL promised our TA that there would be an amenity for us.

Now here is my question, we received several amenities all from RCCL (not our TA). These were in addition to our Crown & Anchor gifts. Do you think RCCL tracks returning passengers that had issues on a previous cruise and try to make it up? The credit we received 2 years ago was more than sufficient. Just curious...hope this makes sense.

Yes -no doubt they track any past problems through your C&A account. The credit was the 'immediate' service recovery, and the extra amenities was their follow-up and thank you for your loyalty.

Hi All,

Just returned from a great week on the Liberty. I'm curious about something. Two years ago we were on the Voyager and had a few issues for which RCCL graciously gave us a credit which we used toward this cruise. Prior to this Liberty cruise we had a issue with our excursions and RCCL promised our TA that there would be an amenity for us.

Now here is my question, we received several amenities all from RCCL (not our TA). These were in addition to our Crown & Anchor gifts. Do you think RCCL tracks returning passengers that had issues on a previous cruise and try to make it up? The credit we received 2 years ago was more than sufficient. Just curious...hope this makes sense.

Hi All,

Well, you are 2 for 2 with complaints. You better hope they keep track. Maybe with your 3rd cruise they can pile it up. :cool:

What kind of amenities did you get?

My cruise history is so bolluxed up at this point that I've given up trying to fix it. Fortunately it's in my favor - I tried correcting about 8 credits that they'd given me by mistake and they only got 6. I gave up after that.

Hi Alexis - hope you are doing well...:)

Yes thank you and same to you. ;)

I am doing even better after reading your great one liner. :D

I just noticed you're a 5000+ Club & 5012 posts. Congrats!! Your postings are always

very informative. ;)

Yes., but they'll want even MORE.:D

Wonder what additional things the OP got...want to plan my issues accordingly.:p

Ok, I've peaked curiousity! It wasn't huge, but it was 2 bottles of wine, tray of chocolate dipped strawberries, a beach bag, thermos and fanny pack.

Also, the I didn't even know there was an issue with our excursions until our TA told me. He had fixed it and it effected him (timewise) more than us.

Another thing, one morning room service forgot the milk. I called them and they had it in the room within 5 minutes. No biggie. That night they sent another tray of chocolate covered strawberries as an apology. This also happened to several other people that same day.

I'm thrilled they did this. I think customer service is what sets companies apart. We had a wonderful cruise, were very happy with the original credit we received and wanted nothing else. We never even looked for compensation from the last cruise, we wrote them only to know of our experience.

Oooo how exciting. DH and I are off on a cruise in 3 weeks that was in part paid for by cruise credit after we made a complaint to C&A regarding several problems with had on AOS last August.

If we get anything else that would be amazing, however I was more than happy with the credit they gave us in the first place....

Yes thank you and same to you. ;)

I am doing even better after reading your great one liner. :D

I just noticed you're a 5000+ Club & 5012 posts. Congrats!! Your postings are always

very informative. ;)

Thank you so much for your kind words; that's really nice of you. I have always enjoyed your comments too and respect your point of view. Happy cruising - hope you are going somewhere soon! :)

They can't even correctly track my cruise history...:D

AMEN!

We show 11 credits, but I count 14, per their listings for my past cruises (which are all listed properly)

I mean...how freaking hard is it to implement the ADD function in your program people.....?? It's always a built in part of the system...it will add FOR YOU...all you have to do is implement it....

sheesh!

Archived