Explain to me about wine

jhinjhin

OK - I know this topic has been talked about many times but I don't see a recent string. What is the policy on bringing on wine and other booze? Do they check the bags and carry ons for this? What about when you come back from port? Do they look thru your bags then?

What is the corking charge if they do catch it? How much does the average glass of wine cost at the bar?

What about bottles of other things like vodka? Will there be a corking fee for that as well?

I see you can bring on soda and water no problem.

Thanks for the help everyone on this question and all the others I have asked. I am becoming the expert in our family on this (we're all going together).

OK - I know this topic has been talked about many times but I don't see a recent string. What is the policy on bringing on wine and other booze? Booze is not allowed at all whether in your checked luggage or carry-on. Wine is allowed for a corkage fee of $15 per bottle. Do they check the bags and carry ons for this? Yes. Booze found in either carry-on or checked luggage will be confiscated and returned to you on the last night of the cruise. Wine in your carry-on will be charged the corkage fee right away (or you can simply abandon the wine there) while if the wine is found in checked luggage, you will be called to the "naughty" room to pick up your bags and pay corkage. What about when you come back from port? Same deal... Do they look thru your bags then? Yes

What is the corking charge if they do catch it? $15 How much does the average glass of wine cost at the bar? Depends on the brand. Expect to pay what you would in a regular restaurant on land.

What about bottles of other things like vodka? Not allowed. Will there be a corking fee for that as well? No, it is confiscated and returned on the last night. No option to pay.

Thanks for the help everyone on this question and all the others I have asked. I am becoming the expert in our family on this (we're all going together).

There have been several threads on this subject in the last few days.

OK - I know this topic has been talked about many times but I don't see a recent string. What is the policy on bringing on wine and other booze? Do they check the bags and carry ons for this? What about when you come back from port? Do they look thru your bags then?

What is the corking charge if they do catch it? How much does the average glass of wine cost at the bar?

What about bottles of other things like vodka? Will there be a corking fee for that as well?

You can order a bar set-up . Its $40 -$ 55 a liter for your cabin. Do a search above " Bar set-up " you will find all the info you need. Also you will be having diner while in port also , usually back aboard by 5-6..

Archived