Land Tipping

jakeT

We are taking the HAl land / sea cruse tour this June. Four days land and Seven day cruse south. The question I have is on the land portion of the trip. In the HAl schedule is states " say Good by to the tour director" I assume you are to tip the HAL tour director. If that correct then how much ? also do you tip other people like the driver of the Denail Wilderness bus tour ? Is there anyone else that I have missed ?

There should be information in your documents on the amounts to tip your HAL driver and tour director, I think it was $4.50 TD and $2.50 bus driver for our cruisetour Aug '07, but I lowered it a little as that's what we tipped the cabin steward, the tour director and bus driver didn't do nearly as much for us as our cabin steward or waiter on the ship.

And yes, we tipped the driver of the TWT. We had an excellent tour that lasted the full 8 hours, with lots of animal sightings. Not sure of the guidelines you are supposed to use, didn't do the 15% thing, just gave him $5 pp.

Archived