Convinced I will be happy aboard Holiday!!

crystalh256

I have read and read the reviews on Holiday and booked 5/10/08. I consider myself an easy to please, go with the flow kind of person. I figure the "tacky" decor will make me smile and giggle instead of ruining my vacation. So what convinced me that I will be happy on this trip? Went to KFC to get me an unhealthy lunch and the girl gave me a free Mt Dew since I had to wait a couple of minutes. I actually did a jig! Okay, that and I know that there is absolutely no chance an unnamed member of CC <cough Ky Transplant cough> j/k will be aboard.:p

I sailed a sister ship to the Holiday THREE TIMES, because I found it more intimate. Met many more new people than the megaships, because you run into the same people over and over.

I she were sailing closer, I'd be on her.

. We are lucky enough to live within a days drive of the bulk of ports so we had alot to choose from. We picked Holiday because she is the smallest. Hubby and I are not anti-social or anything, but we figure the fewer people the better. If we enjoy this cruise we are planning to take the kids with us next time either on Holiday or Fantasy.:D

I hear ya! I booked the Holiday in August. I dont give a rat's patoohey that the pasangers will be from all walks of life and income levels (KY's bane). I hope we have table mates that say "y'all", because I hope they are as happy to meet us Canadians who say "eh" a lot.

I cannot wait.

I hear ya! I booked the Holiday in August. I dont give a rat's patoohey that the pasangers will be from all walks of life and income levels (KY's bane). I hope we have table mates that say "y'all", because I hope they are as happy to meet us Canadians who say "eh" a lot.

I cannot wait.

Love the Canadians....grew up in Michigan not far from Windsor, so we used to go visit the Canadians often.:D

She's NOT tacky in the least!!! And not only that, they were just awarded some kind of "Best Of . . ." award recently , probably for their excellent service, clean ship, and delightful crew . . . oh, and the food was just GREAT!! Enjoy yersself!

Have a great Carnival Cruise. Who knows how much longer the Holiday will be in the fleet. We really miss the Jubilee and Celebration. I hope to book the Holiday soon, these will soon be ships of the past! They are so much larger now, and crowded beyond belief.

I cannot wait.

I see you will be onboard the sailing before ours as we are traveling on the Aug 30th one. This will be our 7th time onboard in three years. So it cannot be all that bad. :p

Dave

She's NOT tacky in the least!!! And not only that, they were just awarded some kind of "Best Of . . ." award recently , probably for their excellent service, clean ship, and delightful crew . . . oh, and the food was just GREAT!! Enjoy yersself!

installing the Crystal Eagle, in the case, in the lobby. It is for the "at the top" of the CCL ships, consistanly rating the highest in all phases..ie: via tha comment cards...I'm as proud as if I was a momma eagle..as I helped put it on top!..ole'''lucky..see the baby in 11 days!

Definately more inportant to me than the age and size of the ship! I am on vacation for the first time ever without my 4 angels (Very late honeymoon!!) I want people to take care of me, and best crew sounds like it fits the bill perfectly;) :p

I had a fantastic time on the Holiday in March. While on board, I told my sister about some of the negative comments about the ship. She said she really hoped she would just stay home and quit traveling if she couldn't be thankful for the fantastic time we had onboard! The food, service and ports of call made it a trip we will never forget. It sounds like you're the type of person to make her own fun. Our group was the same way and we enjoyed every moment.

I've sailed on the the Holday twice (2003 & 2007) and it was fine. You're

there to enjoy the sunshine and relax on deck!! Our cabin steward and

our waiters went out of their ways to make it enjoyable. We had a blast.

Janet

I have read and read the reviews on Holiday and booked 5/10/08. I consider myself an easy to please, go with the flow kind of person. I figure the "tacky" decor will make me smile and giggle instead of ruining my vacation. So what convinced me that I will be happy on this trip? Went to KFC to get me an unhealthy lunch and the girl gave me a free Mt Dew since I had to wait a couple of minutes. I actually did a jig! Okay, that and I know that there is absolutely no chance an unnamed member of CC <cough Ky Transplant cough> j/k will be aboard.:p

You will LOVE the holiday. It was our first cruise as husband and wife instead of mommy and daddy and it was fantastic! In fact, the HOLIDAY is what addicted us to cruising. We were in U69 and loved the cabin, the food, the crew and the layout. We are thinking of booking the HOLIDAY for a quick husband and wife trip very soon before our long vacation with the kiddo's in November. I didn't have any of the issues that I've read here on CC. Of course, that was in Sept of 06, but it hasn't been that long ago. Y'ALL just have a GREAT TIME!!!!

We sailed on the Holiday last September. The Holiday has an excellent crew. Our room steward was the best. Yes, the ship is small but it wasn't lacking in quality or service. The food was also excellent on the Holiday.

It's great to hear such positive remarks. Booked with my daughter, daughter in law and a friend of theirs for the July 28th 5 day cruise. Can't wait!!! This is my first cruise in many, many years and the first for the others in my group. Hope it will be the first of many more cruises in the future. Please keep the stories of past trips coming.

Crystal, I will wave to you as we disembark on the 10th! I have never been on the Holiday but I am so thrilled just to go on vacation I couldn't care less if it needs new carpet or whatever. Another one who will love it, DARN IT. Because it's the only real vacation I've had in 4 years and probably the last one for a long time with baby #1 on the way.

Met many more new people than the megaships, because you run into the same people over and over.

That could be a bad thing, depending on who you meet :D

Kidding aside, I too am looking forward to my cruise on Holiday in January!

Cindy

You will have a fabulous time! I didn't find the decor necessarily "tacky" just not quite as ornate as some larger ships.

I can't rave enough about the staff...they were amazing.

Have a great time!

Archived