Are there any wine country cruises ?

Is anyone aware of any wine cruises? We are looking for a cruise that would include an excursion or two to the Calif., Wa. or Ore. wine country. I have tried looking online at all the cruise sites. So far I have hit a deadend. Any help would be appreciated. We would prefer RCCL of course but would consider other options. Sue

Celebrity has had a repositioning cruise that goes from San Francisco (shore excursions here for winery tours) and then up the coast to Vancouver I think. Along the way, it stopped it Oregon, Washington and maybe Northern California (I think). Don't know if they are still offering.

We went to the Napa Valley and up to Sonoma. At each stop, a bus met us and took us to a winery for a tour and winetasting. The tour on Orville's brochure sounded a lot like our stops. All excursions were included in the cruise fare. Our trip was round trip from San Francisco.

This small ship is very casual. The doors did not even have locks when we were there. Not much entertainment. Food was good; not gourmet. The entire crew stood at the gangplank and shook our hands when we disembarked.

The passengers really make this trip. We had honeymooners from the east; retirees from South Dakota. All ages and occupations.

Judy

veteran of 90 cruises

Is anyone aware of any wine cruises? We are looking for a cruise that would include an excursion or two to the Calif., Wa. or Ore. wine country. I have tried looking online at all the cruise sites. So far I have hit a deadend. Any help would be appreciated. We would prefer RCCL of course but would consider other options. Sue

I grew up in the SF Bay Area.

Do a google search on the string

napa and "wine train"

napa and "wine tour"

and you will find tours.

I dont think any cruiseline offers tours to napa, because it is 3 or 4 hours away from the port of SF. But you could always take a romantic trip to Cali yourself and go to napa.

Thanks for the idea sas80. Hubby and I lived in Sacto many years ago and we went to Napa many times.... I'm sure it has changed though. We are looking to go with some wine enthusiasts that we wine taste at a local Phoenix establishment. 22 of us just retrned from a wine tasting trip to Temecula. A wine cruise for next year is hopefully in the making.

Thanks for the info Judy we might look into that a little more. Especially if it includes the excursions. I looked at prices and it was 1300/PP. How was it on a smaller ship??? Thanks All Sue

A friend of mine tookk a Princess cruise to the Mexican Riviera that started in San Francisco.

There are also repositioning cruises from Alaska and Seattle that go to San Francisco in September.

I recommend booking a hotel for two nights in Sonoma before or after a San Francisco cruise.

Thanks for the idea sas80. Hubby and I lived in Sacto many years ago and we went to Napa many times.... I'm sure it has changed though. We are looking to go with some wine enthusiasts that we wine taste at a local Phoenix establishment. 22 of us just retrned from a wine tasting trip to Temecula. A wine cruise for next year is hopefully in the making.

Thanks for the info Judy we might look into that a little more. Especially if it includes the excursions. I looked at prices and it was 1300/PP. How was it on a smaller ship??? Thanks All Sue

Cruise fare was high then. I looked recently and it was even higher.

These prices make mass market sailing a real deal.

Judy

Archived