Priceline Flights

ryzmom

Has anyone ever did their flights thru Priceline? I am very scared because I know that I have to have an afternoon (possibly 1-2 pm) flight and they will give me a 6 am and the ship won't even get into port until 7 am.

Tell me your experiences with Priceline and flights if you have any.

Thanks in advance!

Don't do it. You don't own the reservation, priceline does. And you can't change it. If you miss your flight, you are just out of luck.

Try Hotwire and 1Travel which both offer white fares, they can give you times without giving you the airline. Or Kayak if you want to set the time and see what the cheapest is within those constrictions.

It took one of my employees almost 3 days to get from Phoenix to Kansas City with the "bid" Priceline fare. Phx to the East Coast (with a LOOOOONG layover in between), then to Michigan, to Chicago, THEN to Kansas City. Greyhound would have been faster!!!

Priceline now offers "FIXED" price booking, but the prices are no better than you find lots of other places. Your airline and times are fixed, but you may not have a full range of flight choices. IF you can pick your airline, connections and flight times and the price is a bargain, there are STILL other things to consider (too long to go into here-but generally NOT a good deal).

But don't even think about using the "BID" part of Priceline for a cruise. You may be on two day sightseeing trip-NOT getting to your cruise or getting home.

Archived