Excursion Cancelled by Carnival: Gumbalimba Park and Canopy Tour

ncbeachteacher

I got an email today from Carnival that our Gumbalimba Park and Canopy Tour has been discontinued and refunded at the cruise line's discretion. Although it doesn't specifically state the which one was discontinued, a quick check of what I have booked shows it is gone from the list. There is no other explanation, although I assume it has to do with death that occurred a few weeks back. And I really don't have any complaints if it is for our safety.

I am sure I am not the first one to have one discontinued. Any thoughts?

SIL called me at work today - she had gotten an email regarding the cancellation. I can't check my home email from work, but I looked at my reservation info online and that tour doesn't show as booked for us any more. I also looked at the shore excursion list, and the Gumbalimba Canopy Tour is no longer an option.

I'm bummed. I was really looking forward to this excursion. I realize that there are risks, but there was a risk in the open-air cab ride we took in St. Thomas two years ago, also.:eek:

Now we have to decide if we are going to go the private tour route, pick another Carnival excursion, or just head to a beach.

We are bummed about it too, but again, assume the safety aspect is the reason and I would rather be safe than sorry. You made me laugh: Called DD to find out what she wanted to do instead and she reminded me of our very risky St. Thomas cab ride as well when we caught lots of air! :eek: Sounds like we had the same experience!

We have backed up and punted to Taybana Beach through Carnival and we'll enjoy a pedicure at the Spa. It's all good!

There are still many options for canopy tours on Roatan that continue to use safety measures such as South Shore Canopy in West Bay, Jungle canopy in French Harbour and Pirates of the caribbean canopy further East on Roatan. The Ministry of Tourism has enforced all canopies including Gumbalimba Park to step up all repairs and to include safety lines and exit measures due to this accident. My friend lives on the Island and keeps me posted.

There are still many options for canopy tours on Roatan that continue to use safety measures such as South Shore Canopy in West Bay, Jungle canopy in French Harbour and Pirates of the caribbean canopy further East on Roatan. The Ministry of Tourism has enforced all canopies including Gumbalimba Park to step up all repairs and to include safety lines and exit measures due to this accident. My friend lives on the Island and keeps me posted.

So, does Gumbalimba Park still have a zipline course? If so, can you go to it independently? I was under the impression that the only way to do this park is through the cruiselines.

So, does Gumbalimba Park still have a zipline course? If so, can you go to it independently? I was under the impression that the only way to do this park is through the cruiselines.

I'd like to know the answer to this one too! We tried to go there via taxi and they would not let us in!

Archived