Welcome back Star cruisers!

seashore

Acapulco, I'm sure has its highlights and its lowlights. I've been there twice before. The last time, my ex-husband hated seeing the poverty around the outskirts. There was so much begging and soliciting. But, we still had a good time. We had spent a week and a half there or something.

I plan on first meeting Roberto for lunch, then getting a cab for a tour of some highlights around town. Just go for a couple of hours. Then back to the ship to rest and have dinner. Then I have 8:30 ressies for the cliff divers and then will probably go to a nightclub for some drinks. Probably not too exciting, but enough.

I had the BEST black refried beans in my life in Acapulco and I hope to come across them again - but we'll see...lol!!

Emi

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

There are 6 of us booked for the Mexico cruise in December. I appreciate hearing the positive reports by those who have gone. Searching this out on the net, one wonders if everyone who posts a review of their cruise with the NCL Star was on the same ship. One person says it was a nightmare, food was cold, service was terrible and someone else on the same cruise says it was the greatest trip of their lives. Does anyone who has gone have any ideas as to why there can be such a wide difference in opinion?

We're looking forward to a nice time. I suppose I'll be able to send in my "review" once we're back.

Thanks for the reports!

I agree, it's astounding how different the experiences can be of different people on the same cruise. I think it comes down to EXPECTATIONS, also attitude. If one goes with a set mental image of how the cruise will/should be, disappointment lurks at every moment. If one goes with an open mind and a spirit of adventure -- after all, experiencing the new and different is what travel is about -- an occurrence that might have been experienced as disappointing becomes an adventure, often with surprising pluses.

We go on the Star January 8, and I look forward to a fine adventure. Thanks SO MUCH to all of you who have given invaluable tips, especially for dining choices and shore excursions.

• 3 months later...

Archived