Online Registration- how soon before your cruise?

negc

We are booked on the May 8,2009 cruise from Boston to Bermuda aboard the Norwegian Spirit, and when I tried to do the online registration today, the NCL system would not accept my name and booking number. Is there a date before which you can not complete the online registration? If so, can someone advise me how much longer I must wait in order to do so? Thanks.:)

2009? Have you paid in full for the cruise? You cannot register until you trip is paid in full.

I just registered all 4 of us for our Aug 23 Spirit Sailing the other day when I recieved the boys new passports in the mail (old ones expired)

We have not paid in full yet. I had no problem doing so for either cabin.

We've always done our registration before final payment. One thing I remember reading on CC before. If you have Vista on your computer, NCL does not like it. Cruisers have actually registered at work or at the public library; places that didn't have Vista. I don't know if that is the problem or not, but it might help.

We've always done our registration before final payment. One thing I remember reading on CC before. If you have Vista on your computer, NCL does not like it. Cruisers have actually registered at work or at the public library; places that didn't have Vista. I don't know if that is the problem or not, but it might help.

Yes, sometimes I have to retry a few times before I can register. It will keep giving error messages and then all of a sudden, it will go through.

I have Vista...no problem for me:D

I had problems with the advanced registration at times the web site timed out and when I did get through it would not accept my reg number. Rang NCL who checked my reg number (it worked to tell them who I was) and they directed me back to the TA that I booked the cruise with and they registered me.

Thanks for the replies. We have a MAC so Vista is not the problem and we have not yet made final payment but it appears that others have been able to register prior to making final payment. We are part of a group that includes a number of first time cruisers and I know that many of them will be anxious to pre-register, so I hope it is only a computer glitch or we are trying too early. Have never had to wait for final payment to register for other cruises on other lines and hope that such is not the case with NCL. Final payment has only been necessary if we needed to print out our boarding passes. Will keep trying or ask our TA to contact NCL about the problem.:)

Thanks for the replies. We have a MAC so Vista is not the problem and we have not yet made final payment but it appears that others have been able to register prior to making final payment. We are part of a group that includes a number of first time cruisers and I know that many of them will be anxious to pre-register, so I hope it is only a computer glitch or we are trying too early. Have never had to wait for final payment to register for other cruises on other lines and hope that such is not the case with NCL. Final payment has only been necessary if we needed to print out our boarding passes. Will keep trying or ask our TA to contact NCL about the problem.:)

I have two cruises booked for 2009 on NCL and I am getting the same error. Both cruises are over a year out at this point. I was going to wait until June and see if it would let me register then. As others have said, I to have always registered before final payment.

We are booked on the May 8,2009 cruise from Boston to Bermuda aboard the Norwegian Spirit, and when I tried to do the online registration today, the NCL system would not accept my name and booking number. Is there a date before which you can not complete the online registration? If so, can someone advise me how much longer I must wait in order to do so? Thanks.:)

Just keep trying...it'll work!

Archived