Balcony Guarantee Question.....

TwinMom7

We have secured a group of rooms for an upcoming Family/Friends sailing in November of '09. The balcony rooms are category 8A - which means the lowest we would get would be a balcony room on Deck 6. The group price is the same - whether we choose a guaranteed room or an existing balcony room on Deck 6.

I've always chosen my balcony room in the past.

So, here's my question.

Would you go ahead and choose a room, or would you go with the guaranteed room and take the upgrade if you get it?

I'm really not picky. I'll be in a balcony room no matter what and there is no difference in the cost of our room.

Any opinions?

Did you group get a reduced deposit? If you are paying full deposit....pick your own cabin. Guarantees are usually cheaper than picking a cabin.

The rate we got for a balcony room on Deck 6 is $739 per person - with taxes, fees and fuel surcharge - $845.50 per person.

Guaranteed rooms are the same price.

Our deposit amount is the same as on previous cruises - $250 per person.

Some in our group are debating bacause they know that the worse they can get is a balcony room on Deck 6 - why not be adventurous and see where they might end up?

The other thing to consider is that if the GLORY leaves in October of '09 and the DREAM comes in and our reservations our transferred to the DREAM, our chosen cabin numbers will probably not mean squat!

If you have family members that you may want to share a big balcony by having the dividers removed, then pick your own cabins. Also, you may want to pick a cabin that is not right over a restaurant or other public rooms. Just my thoughts.

Our group of 11 cabins are all guaranteed 8A on the Glory and I am afraid of getting another cabin underneath the back restaurant like we got when we sailed the Valor. Keeping my fingers crossed.

If you have family members that you may want to share a big balcony by having the dividers removed, then pick your own cabins. Also, you may want to pick a cabin that is not right over a restaurant or other public rooms. Just my thoughts.

Our group of 11 cabins are all guaranteed 8A on the Glory and I am afraid of getting another cabin underneath the back restaurant like we got when we sailed the Valor. Keeping my fingers crossed.

We did this three weeks ago - four cabins with connecting balconies on Deck 7. It was nice for some things, but it had it's drawbacks. The dividers rattled all night long. I had to keep getting up and wedging the deck chair against the divider so I could sleep.

The dividers are not "removed" - they are simply opened. Two of our four dividers (when opened) blocked the view on those cabins.

We're not interested in doing that on our next cruise.

We just returned from a group cruise & we had 8A guarantees. Our TA told us that she would try her best to keep us all close to each other. After assignments were issued, she saw that we weren't on the same deck so she moved all of us to the same deck and all of us were aft with extended balconies (8E) and a nice free upgrade. However, keep in mind that with guarantees, you will be assigned a cabin that nobody else picked and that might be for a reason (near a disco, under the lido deck pools which can be noisy etc). Pro's & con's with both. Depends on if you want to get higher than deck 6 for free. I personally would pick my cabin # since it is the same price.

We have secured a group of rooms for an upcoming Family/Friends sailing in November of '09. The balcony rooms are category 8A - which means the lowest we would get would be a balcony room on Deck 6. The group price is the same - whether we choose a guaranteed room or an existing balcony room on Deck 6.

I've always chosen my balcony room in the past.

So, here's my question.

Would you go ahead and choose a room, or would you go with the guaranteed room and take the upgrade if you get it?

I'm really not picky. I'll be in a balcony room no matter what and there is no difference in the cost of our room.

Any opinions?

If you are not picky, then get a guaranteed cabin and you will have a chance to get upgraded to a higher floor, however if noise is a factor, or if you prefer the middle of the ship, or the back, or the front, then I suggest you get your cabin assigned ASAP so you have a better choice.

Whatever you decide, have a great time and enjoy your cruise.;)

Archived