Earliest flight out of FLL when disembarking in Miami...

Bert64

I'm booking the flight home, and am considering a flight at 11:25am out of FLL, but I feel like it may be cutting it close. Has anyone else done this? What the earliest you've made it to FLL when you disembark in Miami?

Also, we're cruising Carnival, so we'd arrange for one of their transfers and hopefully do the self-assist and be among the first off.

Thanks for whatever anyone can tell me!

Try to take a later flight if possible. No need to end your vacation in a frazzled mess over getting to your plane on time! :eek:

You are correct. That's cutting it close.

For an 11:25 flight, it is suggested you get to the airport 2 hours before, to allow for bag checking and getting thorugh security, which can be unpredictable!

That would mean you need to be at the airport around 9:30.

On our return to FLL from Miami a couple weeks ago, the trip - by private limo service - took over an hour due to road construction that we did not have going TO Miami from FLL. Surprise! Then the airport was crowded and it took another hour to get through security.

Some folks will chime in to say it's easily doable...but they're not the ones who have to do it!

Your BEST bet would be to re-schedule for after noon and relax.

GOOD LUCK!

:)

If you do self-assist and your own transportation, you probably would be fine in most cases. Also, not sure if you could use the luggage express program with an early flight, but I would ask since that would save a ton of time as well. If your only option was 11:25 or 5:30, I take a risk with the 11:25.

If you depend on Carnival transportation, I wouldn't do it.

Archived