How do you get credit for cruises taken a long time ago?

trvlgrl422

I am wondering if it is even possible to get credit for cruises sailed a long time ago. Carnival has given me credit for my most recently sailed cruise. When I questioned this to a customer service rep., I was told that the cruises I had taken were before everything was computerized or they got a new system. I wrote a letter and never got a response. I think I should receive credit. I have the names of the ships, sailing dates and other info. I'm thinking that maybe there is a different department that could address this. Has anyone had this issue before? What did you do? Thanks for your help with this matter.

Yes, there is a separate department for this. It is within their past guest service dept. and the name of the person is Renee. I do not remember her last name, however she is at the corporate office in Miami, Florida.

You will need to provide her with all the details, ship's name, sailing date, etc. as well as a picture of yourself on the ship(the boarding picture Carnival takes right before boarding the ship will do, clearly showing the name of the ship and the sail date). She will also ask that you send a recent picture of yourself to match the one that you are sending of yourself on the ship.

Hope this helps.:D

Its Renee Whitehead. Here is information she will want and her contact info:

Carnival only started keeping track of past sailings and issuing past guest numbers in 1995; guests who sailed with us prior to that date would not show up in our database. We will be happy to enter these older sailings into the system manually and update your cruise history but we will need to verify your past sailings with Carnival Cruise Lines.

Please provide one of the following:

• Boarding pass
  • Cruise documents
  • Sail and Sign card with your name
  • Sail and Sign statement
  • Embarkation Photo with ship and sailing date and current photo ID.

Mail to:

Carnival Cruise Lines

3655 NW 87th Avenue

Miami, Florida 33178-2428

Attention: Renee Whitehead/Mischelle Beattie

Mailstop: MSMK-655s

Or

Fax to: 305-406-6611

*If faxing or mailing information please be sure to include your name, address, phone number, date of birth and email address along with your proof of sailing. This will allow us to enter your information into the database and issue you a past guest number as soon as possible.

I am also trying to get my cruise from 1983 added and I mailed a copy of my boarding pass and a boarding photo to Renee Whitehead a couple of weeks ago- any clue how long it takes to get added?

It took me about 3 months total, after the original request by fax and 2 follow-ups, one by snail mail & one by email. I don't know what finally pushed it over the finish line, but one day the info just showed up in my profile.

I emailed my old cruise information (scanned a copy of my billing invoice) and sent to grelations@carnival.com..... Received a response in 2 days that the cruise, I took in 1993, would be added to my past history. The next day I checked my past cruise history and it was there! This was important to me because my upcoming cruise puts me in Platinum status. Very impressed with the response and turn time.

I sent them a pictiure and an invitation to dinner at the captains table. I can send you a copy by email if you wish. Others have used it to get credit and since you are only looking for credit for a cruise you actually did I see nothing wrong with it. email me at joleary@remax.nf.ca

Wow, that really seems like a lot of work. I took a cruise in 1986, and if I had to dig up any of that old stuff, I'd be stuck. Luckily, Commodore is no longer around, so I won't have to worry about it.

Archived