Mayan Paradise SNUBA excursion

lanabanana

Took this excursion in Coz last week and give it TWO THUMBS UP!! My husband was really interested in trying SNUBA and had a wonderful experience. We met the boat at Nachi Cocom Beach. It was $70pp for stops at three reefs over 4 hours. SNUBA occurred at one of the reefs and then we snorkeled at two more. There were aprox. 20 people on board. Eduardo and Ivan were very helpful and Eduardo tried very hard to get me down below during the SNUBA, but I had a very hard time keeping the regulator in my mouth (I have a real problem with claustrophobia). I finally got so I could let go of the raft and float on top of the water with the mask and regulator in. My husband, however, had no problem and said it was one of the most memorable experiences of his life.

If you like a party with your SNUBA/snorkel, this is the excursion for you. It's a 45 min. boat ride back to the beach and they have an open bar, music and shots of tequila. We are not drinkers, but were not offended by this activity. Everyone had a good time. For this reason however, I would not recommend this excursion for children. All the adults on board had a GREAT time and would definately give Mayan Paradise Tours TWO THUMBS UP!

I am booked with Mayan Tours for March 2005, so I am glad you had fun!

Can't wait to try Snuba.....

Did you do anything after, like shop or eat anywhere?

Our ship leaves at 6 pm, so I am wondering if we will have time to eat/shop a little before heading back....

We did not eat anywhere there. They had served fruit on the boat to tide us over. I think we shopped at the pier before we got back on board. I think that is where we bought the marble chess set. (The days/ports are starting to blend together in my memory)

Archived