Gem Cabin advice - AE or BA??

ljrfrm

We have an aft BA on deck 10 - which I understand has an extra big balcony. An aft AE on deck 9 just opened up, $450 more per person. I'd love to have the suite perks......but could also enjoy the $900 in other ways as well. Is the balcony much smaller on deck 9? Is the cabin much better? Just trying to look at everything else besides the suite perks. I want to make up my mind soon before the AE is taken by someone else. Or, since I'm really happy with my aft BA, do I keep it and hope for an upsell, knowing I'll be happy where I'm at if I don't get it??????

The biggest difference will be the perks that go with an AE - butler, concierge, BIG balcony, priority embarkation, etc. For us, the perks that go with the suites make it worth the extra $$. The butler service alone is worth it IMO. Breakfast/Lunch in Cagney's (depending on what ship) free of charge........most excellent!

If that level of pampering isn't for you - then save your $$.

Deck 10 BA staterooms do have an additional 30 or so square feet of space over other balcony staterooms. We had one on a Jewel trans-Atlantic and it was wonderful.

Breakfast and lunch at Cagney's are nice, I'm sure (full disclosure: we have a stern AD on Jade's deck 10 this November and are looking forward to these breakfast and lunches), but, on the other hand, $900 will buy a lot of dinners at Cagney's, Bistro, breakfasts at Teppanyaki with unlimited mimosas, etc., with quite a bit left over for excursions.

I don't think anyone else can make this decision for you.

The biggest difference will be the perks that go with an AE - butler, concierge, BIG balcony, priority embarkation, etc. For us, the perks that go with the suites make it worth the extra $$. The butler service alone is worth it IMO. Breakfast/Lunch in Cagney's (depending on what ship) free of charge........most excellent!

I agree;)

The perks are great, no question about it. Cagney's for breakfast and lunch is wonderful. However, we would take the BA because $900 would buy many excursions, goodies, etc. or even go a long toward another cruise. As long as we have a balcony, we're happy.

beachchick

Thanks everyone. I know it's our decision but it helps to see other opinions. I got an e-mail today reminding me of final payment. So, I'm going to make my decision this morning and then go ahead and pay. I'm leaning towards keeping the BA only because of our current financial situation - but, boy do I want those perks!

If our financial situation changes and I decide to upgrade to a suite - can I do that after final payment?

Archived