Diamond plus C&A members....

pmfan

If you are diamond plus C&A would you tell me what benefits you enjoy that are not available to diamond cruisers. I know about the diamond plus membership card, baggage tags, lapel pin, and the preferred seating in the dining room. Please fill me in on the other perks. Thank you.

You get to pick one amenity for your cruise...........wine,beach towel,tote,cheese platter,chocolate covered strawberries or slippers.(in this thread,I listed all the wines

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=723249

And if available(which has been slim to none lately) you get a free upgrade (one category up).....

You get a behind the scene tour(bridge,galley or theater).......

you can also access the Diamond desk at C and A with reservations or questions.....

I'm noticing that you are now less likely to be offered a behind the scenes tour. Discounts and coupon books are no different.

The big benefits really come with plain old Diamond......very little extra with D+.

. Discounts and coupon books are no different.

Same with the savings certificates........same amounts for P/D/ and DP.........I would think as you move up,you get a better deal......

Yea, it really sucks.

Actually, I think that now that they have D+ they should move some of the D benefits to D+ to make more diffrentiation between the two. I doubt that they are going to spend more money, or lose any revenue to make D+ people happier.

There really should be a difference of some sort between each level..... for instance,its crazy with the priority disembarkation with P/D and DP........its really nothing that special with all those people in the lounge waiting to leave...gets kinda crowded..........

As others have said, very little difference between D & D+.

Probably the most valuable is access to the D+ desk. The folks there Seemto be more knowledgeable than most of the C&A people. Or, I've just been lucky enough to find the really helpful ones.

D+ are offered an upgrade 3 weeks before sailing if there is one available. It goes Inside to ouside, outside to Balcony and if you've booked a Balcony and there are more then 3 suites left then balcony to suite.

D+ are offered an upgrade 3 weeks before sailing if there is one available. It goes Inside to ouside, outside to Balcony and if you've booked a Balcony and there are more then 3 suites left then balcony to suite.

And like I said, those have been slim to none lately........they start with the member with the most credits and call them first and then work their way down the list......

We snagged an upgrade to a JS on our Legend cruise, but then again we had the most cruise credits (38) of all the passengers onboard that sailing. Also got a bridge tour.:) Doubt that we will have the most cruise credits on our upcoming Jewel cruises which have a lot of veteran RCI cruisers onboard.:(

But Bill, what percentage of the time do you get an upgrade?.....we have the same cruise credit count, but seldom luck out with an upgrade...out of nine cruises as D+, we received two....one of them, Rita really had to fight for 'cause they gave it to me then promptly took it away.

Not that you asked;) but with 38 credits myself,we have been offered upgrades twice(D to OS and PR to OV) and that was before they call the ones with the most..

And like I said, those have been slim to none lately........they start with the member with the most credits and call them first and then work their way down the list......

...which is what they should do...:)

...which is what they should do...:)

What they should do is offer upgrades to D+ before they put the cabins on Tuesday specials.....maybe a month out.

We got a JS upgrade in 2005 and an OS in 2006 PH. JS is all we really needed.....OS was way too big and a waste.

Archived