Hard to drive from Vancouver to Victoria?

I have heard it is a pain in the neck to get a car from the cruise terminal in Vancouver and figure out how to get on the ferry and across to Victoria. Has anyone done it? Is it REALLY that difficult? I am going to rent a car once I get to Victoria anyway, so why not go the whole way instead of paying PCL to cart me across the water? ANy input would be appreciated.

No it is not difficult at all. It really is only a matter of getting over the Granville St. Bridge and then signs will direct you to the ferry terminal. I would recommend that you download maps and directions from Mapquest to back you up. Having said all that PCL does a very good job as well.

How about checking out airport car rental prices and taking the Airporter out, getting the car, and driving from there. It really is a simple drive (theoretically, Hwy 99 runs right through downtown, although it is not a highway then), but you might feel more confident starting from the airport rather than from downtown.

Don't forget to calculate the extra ferry costs for a car into your planning.

Viv

Don't forget to calculate the extra ferry costs for a car into your planning.

Plus the wait times. By the looks of your countdown, you will be doing this in late June? Could be waits at the ferry terminals. PCL buses always get right on.

You can do it. The question is, do you want to?

Archived