Is there a class of ship people enjoy the most?

Is there a class of ship people enjoy the most? I personally enjoyed to spirit class ships more then the conquest class but perhaps others have a different tale to tell. :confused: The atmosphere on the spirit was just a little more fun and inclusive then the conquest.

Well, I haven't sailed every class yet. I do really like the Fantasy class ships. Not too large, not too small. Yes, they're older and don't have all the bells and whistles, but that doesn't concern me.

So do I like them so much just because I'm familiar with them?

Really thought the Miracle was a nice layout and want to say more Spirit class.

Already think Conquest-class will be too large with too many people for my tastes. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks!

I even loved Jubilee. I'd sail on Holiday if the opportunity presented itself.

Mostly, I like whatever class ship will get me to where I want to go at a reasonable price. Those are my top criteria for picking a cruise, not the ship. I realize for many cruisers, it's more about the ship itself, but that's not my case.

I love the Spirit class for the passenger to space ratio. The ship never feels as crowded. However, I love the much more festive atmosphere of the lido deck that the stadium tiers provide on the larger ships. If there was a way to have that on the Spirit class then to me that would be the perfect ship.

What's the difference between Spirit Class and Conquest class? Isn't there another class (besides Fantasy class)?

Yes, there are other classes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Cruise_Lines

Lots of differences between Spirit class and the others.

Go to Cruisedeckplans dot com and look at the difference in size, and overall design. The Spirit class ships are quite different.

My DW and I love the Fantasy Class ships the best. Great layout and better crew to guest ratio.
Only slightly at .448 for Fantasy Class and .438 for Spirit Class. But the Fantasy Class has a worse Space Ratio, only slightly better than Holiday. And, the Cat 11s on Fantasy class are a joke. To each his own. I'll take more space and a tenth less of a crew member. ;) Enjoy your Fantasy cruises.:)

space ratios:

Holiday = 31.72

Fantasy = 34.29

Destiny= 38.36

Spirit = 40.45

Conquest = 36.99

I love the Spirit class for the passenger to space ratio. The ship never feels as crowded. However, I love the much more festive atmosphere of the lido deck that the stadium tiers provide on the larger ships. If there was a way to have that on the Spirit class then to me that would be the perfect ship.

For me it would be a toss up between the Spirit and Fantasy classes. I agree with one of the previous posts, they seem more intimate, especially the Fantasy class. I was not impressed with the Conquest class. I spent more time in my cabin on the Glory than any other cruise due to constant feeling of being too crowded. I have the opposite opinion about the stadium seating, I hated it. I'm just hoping that with the larger ship and smaller guest capacity the Splendor will be my new favorite ship. :)

I'm just hoping that with the larger ship and smaller guest capacity the Splendor will be my new favorite ship.

I totally agree. I just wish they would build another Splendor class ship and keep it in the Caribbean. Unlikely, since Splendor wasn't originally supposed to be a Carnival ship. But, I can dream.

nn8h4o0yqkju4ywt.png

I dislike the Spirit calls ships. I have been on the Spirit twice and the Miracle. I rather sail on the Conquest ships or the Fantasy class ships. I have been on the Freedom and Elation. I much prefer them to the Spirit class. A few issues I have with the Spirit class are; The dining room is aft on the ship. So eating dinner you get to feel the vibration of the propulsion plant and if the seas are are a bit ruff, you can really feel as well sitting in the aft part of the ship. After dinner if you want to catch the show you have to transverse the length of the ship, go all the way forward to watch the show. Unlike the Conquest class, where the dinning room is amidships and the auditorium is not to far away. As a matter of fact you can see the doors of the auditorium from the doors of the dining room. Another issue I have with the spirit class ships is that the restaurant is setup in a way that people waiting on lines at the buffet interfere with the passageways both on the port and STBD sides. Everybody is in everybody's way. I did not experience this on my cruises on the Freedom and Elation. Also at peak times on the Spirit class, good luck trying to find a table to sit down at, again I never had a problem like this on the freedom or Elation.

As luck would have it, I'm leaving on Sunday for a cruise on the Pride ! I think I will manage to to like and enjoy it !

If I had to rank my favorite ships That I have been on it would be:

1. Freedom

2. Elation- a close second

3. Spirit

4. Miracle- after all the hoopla on these boards about the Miracle, I was very disappointed with this ship.

Well, personally, I try to walk and much as possible while on the ship. Helps offset all those calories I've consumed.

That's also why I always, always, always take the stairs, no matter how tired I am after an excursion. BTW, 88 steps, not including the landings, from Deck 2 to Deck 7!

And don't the ships with 2 dining rooms have 1 aft? I didn't notice any vibration while in the dining room on Miracle.

Also never had problems with lines in the buffet or finding a table.

Ah well. Every person on a cruise, even if they're on the same sailing, will have different experiences.

I don't think I'll like the stadium seating on Glory, but I never hang around the main pool area anyway. Just not my thing. If I'm sitting out in the sun, it's to read and relax, so I'm usually off somewhere away from the noise and action (and dreadful pool bands).

So far, I have enjoyed the Conquest class the best:D . I liked the pool area on the Conquest better and also the Conquest seemed to have more of the "night life" than the Legend. I liked the fact that all of the clubs were right in a row (if I remember right) on the Conquest. But Legend is a beautiful ship too! Just prefer the Conquest layout better.

I'm happy to see many good responses toward the Spirit class ships as I will be sailing one next month. I've only been on the Fantasy class and Conquest class. So, at this point I would have to say I prefer the Fantasy class.

Is there a class of ship people enjoy the most? I personally enjoyed to spirit class ships more then the conquest class but perhaps others have a different tale to tell. :confused: The atmosphere on the spirit was just a little more fun and inclusive then the conquest.

I Vote for the Spirit Class also, its just the right size and there are 2 public decks that you can take from bow to stern.

Fred

Archived