Oceania Depatures ex "Tianjin"

briann2003

Tianjin

and the train station is quite a distance away

The town is a total mess of building

I would suggest you use http://www.tour-beijing.com for a transfer from Beijing or the airport

much easier and they know where the ships docks

The exact location may depend on the whim of the Chinese authorities

there is more than one dock around Tianjin

You need a transfer from the ship to Beijing. DO NOT USE BEIJING TOURS, THIS COMPANY DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR WORD OR PROVIDE YOU WITH UP TO DATE CARS OR VANS. I just got off the Nautica at the end of March and this tour company was a disaster. If you type in Asia on the Oceania web, someone just listed an excellent tour company to use for transfers.

'They sent an old cab with problems . The trunk could not hold all of our luggage so we had to hold part of it with us. Not comfy for a three hour ride.

Doggylover

You need a transfer from the ship to Beijing. DO NOT USE BEIJING TOURS, THIS COMPANY DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR WORD OR PROVIDE YOU WITH UP TO DATE CARS OR VANS. I just got off the Nautica at the end of March and this tour company was a disaster. If you type in Asia on the Oceania web, someone just listed an excellent tour company to use for transfers.

'They sent an old cab with problems . The trunk could not hold all of our luggage so we had to hold part of it with us. Not comfy for a three hour ride.

Do you mean the same tour company tour-beijing.com that was recommended in the post above yours OR is BEIJING TOURS a different operator with whom you had problems?

I know some one who was on your cruise and they had no problem with tour-beijing.com. We are booked for next year and wanting to find a reliable transfer/tour company for a 3 to 5 day post cruise tour.

From our past experience with getting to Tainjin from Beijing, I would strongly suggest that you only used trusted and reliable limo services.

We requested a car and driver through our hotel, the Beijing Shangri-La, and got a large new car with a driver who, while his English was limited, knew the "in's and out's" of the Tianjin road system and traffic. We got to our ship without difficulty, although he had to use many back roads due to heavy road construction.

Other cruisers, including those who were on organized buses, either got lost, had to get assistance or were just simply late due to misdirections.

From what I was told, Tianjin is in a constant state of construction and road repair. Just recently, I read that they now are going to commit millions to building newer and larger cruise facilities.

Good luck!

Three years when Oceania first docked in Beijing, we heard horrible stories about finding the correct dock in Tianjin. We even heard that the driver had to have a "permit" to enter the dock area or the passengers had to cart their own luggage to the ship from the entrance to the dock area. So, we used the services of the Peninsula's Concierge to order a car to take us there. NO PROBLEMS!!! Every hotel has such transport services available to take you to the port -- they just make a phone call and the price is added to your room charges.

Sheila

Archived