O2 on Sensation?

EBFURR

Hi all, we have a few questions that we hope to get some help with from you experienced Carnival cruisers. First of all, we are diamond level Royal Caribbean C&A members, but have never been on a Carnival ship. That is not because of any prejudices against Carnival, we have just been satisfied with RCL and have had no reason to switch thus far. Our daughter is turning 16 this year and wants to have a cruise for her birthday. Mom & dad do not necessarily object since we get to go too! Her plan is to take along a few freinds to celebrate. She has picked two crusies that leave on her birthday (Dec 18) and both are Carnival ships. Because of cost concerns, we have narrowed it to the 3 day Bahamas cruise on the Sensation out of Port Canaveral. We have been to the Bahamas a few times and more or less know what to expect in that regard. We have also sailed out of PC many times on the RCL Mariner. One reason that we repeated on the Mariner is that our daughter really likes the teen club (Fuel) on that ship. She is very outgoing & social and always makes a lot of friends during the cruise. First off, we want to be sure that the Sensation does have the O2 club for teens. Second, we would appreciate any feedback from parents or teens that have been on this ship & used the teen program & areas. Since we would be going in December, if anyone has any feedback on how many teens to expect on a 3 day in Dec that would be great. Also, any other info on the Sensation & the 3 day cruise would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi all, we have a few questions that we hope to get some help with from you experienced Carnival cruisers. First of all, we are diamond level Royal Caribbean C&A members, but have never been on a Carnival ship. That is not because of any prejudices against Carnival, we have just been satisfied with RCL and have had no reason to switch thus far. Our daughter is turning 16 this year and wants to have a cruise for her birthday. Mom & dad do not necessarily object since we get to go too! Her plan is to take along a few freinds to celebrate. She has picked two crusies that leave on her birthday (Dec 18) and both are Carnival ships. Because of cost concerns, we have narrowed it to the 3 day Bahamas cruise on the Sensation out of Port Canaveral. We have been to the Bahamas a few times and more or less know what to expect in that regard. We have also sailed out of PC many times on the RCL Mariner. One reason that we repeated on the Mariner is that our daughter really likes the teen club (Fuel) on that ship. She is very outgoing & social and always makes a lot of friends during the cruise. First off, we want to be sure that the Sensation does have the O2 club for teens. Second, we would appreciate any feedback from parents or teens that have been on this ship & used the teen program & areas. Since we would be going in December, if anyone has any feedback on how many teens to expect on a 3 day in Dec that would be great. Also, any other info on the Sensation & the 3 day cruise would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

As a parent of a 15 yo, I can honestly say that I never saw my DD except for in port, and at dinner and first thing of a morning. Our last sensation cruise there were about 160 teens in Club 02. There were special bands on the ship then. High school bands. She Loves LOVES club 02. Even on the larger ships. She has participated in the dances they have, and other activities like special games for them, and pizza parties, etc. I would say on average for a 3 day cruise that there will be (christmas break taken into consideration) quite a few probably 15 - 40 teens her age on the ship at that time. NOT all the teens participate in the 02. On our Glory Cruise in September there were maybe 20 teens on board. Your daughter will have a blast. if you catch the leader and let them know it is her BD, they will probably throw her a party on the ship.

My DD will be 16 in July, and wanted a cruise, but then, a 3 day is as costly as a 7 day later in the fall, or early next spring. She understands that, and has opted to save for a 18th birthday on the seas instead.

I know she will have fun.

Wow, fllady, thanks for the info! Your daughter sounds a lot like ours. I can relate to the part about the cost of summer cruises. for the past 5 years we have taken our annual family vacation as a cruise in the summer while school is out. It is downright painful to see how much the prices drop when school is in. This year we went in March during spring break (caught a deal when prices dipped) and had a good time, but not as much so as our summer crusies. There were actually TOO many kids & teens. My daughter said that the teen club was over crowded and it was actually harder to make friends than usual. Last August there were 15-20 teens her age & she said that was a good number. They actually became one big group of friends and pretty much did everything together.

We are waiting to see if a few of her friends are able to go - we will need a little financial help from the parents - and are planning to book this one if we can. We are actually looking forward to trying Carnival. We finally made diamond with RCL and are ready to try out something new. RCL is good, but "it ain't what it used to be". Thanks again for the info!

Eddie

Wow, fllady, thanks for the info! Your daughter sounds a lot like ours. I can relate to the part about the cost of summer cruises. for the past 5 years we have taken our annual family vacation as a cruise in the summer while school is out. It is downright painful to see how much the prices drop when school is in. This year we went in March during spring break (caught a deal when prices dipped) and had a good time, but not as much so as our summer crusies. There were actually TOO many kids & teens. My daughter said that the teen club was over crowded and it was actually harder to make friends than usual. Last August there were 15-20 teens her age & she said that was a good number. They actually became one big group of friends and pretty much did everything together.

We are waiting to see if a few of her friends are able to go - we will need a little financial help from the parents - and are planning to book this one if we can. We are actually looking forward to trying Carnival. We finally made diamond with RCL and are ready to try out something new. RCL is good, but "it ain't what it used to be". Thanks again for the info!

Eddie

You are welcome.

Archived