Supper club attire on Spirit Class ships?

bbiggar

On the Legend we saw everything! I have my Patters and the reservation confirmation card from the Golden Fleece here now. The card says "Dress code is Smart Casual - Jackets are required". The Patters vary from day to day. Sometimes they just say Smart Casual and sometimes they include that jackets are required for gentlemen. DH and I chose to follow the requested dress code. Needless to say though, some "gentlemen" walked in in very casual clothes with their shirt tails hanging out. :rolleyes:

I don't recall what the specific dress code was, but my DH wore a suit and i wore a cocktail dress to the supper club on the Pride.

I figured, we were treating it like he was taking me out to a nice restaurant, so I dressed like I would to go to a fine dining establishment at home.

But, we did see one man in denim with a button up shirt, and his date in a miniskirt, and another pair in kahkis and the woman in capris. I saw other people dressed like we did. To each his own. I didn't think the casual dressers were dressed appropriately, but I also did not feel offended by their attire. I do not mean to start the denim debate here, just letting you know what I saw. Have a great time!

The formal night attire is "requested"....the Supper club's attire is "required"....I only saw men with jackets or suits in the Supper Clubs........I think it's bad that people don't dress as "requested" and just plain rude when they don't dress as "required"....:rolleyes:

Randy:

I could not agree more. If you don't want to dress up eat at the lido deck. Some people enjoy getting dressed for dinner -- after all isn't that part of the cruise experience ?

We sail Dec 26th on the Miracle and we can't wait. This is our third Spirit Class ship -- we think they are the best!

Archived