Electric outlets on QM2

madforcruising

I´m wondering what kind of electric outlets there are in a Balcony room on QM2 (B1). Would it be UK style, US style or European style?

From Cunard website, under Accommodations for QM2:

220V British 3-pin and 110V 2-pin (US) sockets

From Cunard website, under Accommodations for QM2:

220V British 3-pin and 110V 2-pin (US) sockets

Thank you for the quick response. If I try to access the Cunard website it always automatically redirects me to the german website which only says 110V and 220V but no mention of the socket style.

Now I know what adaptors to bring.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Just back from TA and also had a B1 stateroom .Yes i can confirm - 2 british and 2 US sockets on the desk below the mirror. Enjoy !

Thanks, 4 outlets, that´s great.

I hope you had a great crossing. If you have any tips you can give they would be much appreciated.:)

Thanks, 4 outlets, that´s great.

I hope you had a great crossing. If you have any tips you can give they would be much appreciated.:)

Are you thinking of bringing adaptors enough for all of them at once?? Just be prepared to have the lights dim and the ship slow down!:D

Are you thinking of bringing adaptors enough for all of them at once?? Just be prepared to have the lights dim and the ship slow down!:D

Oh good so I get a longer ride:D

Actually I was thinking about extansion cords with multiple sockets and just give a nice tip to these guys

boiler_end.GIF ;)

Bring a power strip. If you have camera, computer and phone you will need it. Make certain it will accomdate your tranformer plugs. Note on QV the plugs are placed in such a way that tranformer plugs will not fit. Just came back from 99 day world cruise. We also bring large number cheap electric clock which we can see across the cabin in the dark.

"madforcruising" - We had a wonderful trip, thanks. It was sad leaving, the ship is so beautiful.

Our fav part of the ship was the Commadore Club on deck 9 right at the front, it can be tricky to find as it's tucked away and not many find it. It's have fantastic views and the staff and brilliant, we were up there most evenings for pre dinner cocktails.

Our other fav place was Sir Samuels for a light lunch, they serve gourmet sandwiches which are delicious. In the evenings they serve a cheese plate with your wine. It's also a great spot of sitting and reading and people watching.

Enjoy you trip !

"madforcruising" - We had a wonderful trip, thanks. It was sad leaving, the ship is so beautiful.

Our fav part of the ship was the Commadore Club on deck 9 right at the front, it can be tricky to find as it's tucked away and not many find it. It's have fantastic views and the staff and brilliant, we were up there most evenings for pre dinner cocktails.

Our other fav place was Sir Samuels for a light lunch, they serve gourmet sandwiches which are delicious. In the evenings they serve a cheese plate with your wine. It's also a great spot of sitting and reading and people watching.

Enjoy you trip !

Thanks I´ll make a point to find these places. :D

We took a small power strip, but found that the adaptors for our cameras and cell phones, ect. took too much room to do much good. So take a little bigger one if you have a number of adaptors. There is also an outlet over the mirror in the bathroom, but we didn't use it so I can't tell you which type it was. Have a wonderful trip.:)

We took a small power strip, but found that the adaptors for our cameras and cell phones, ect. took too much room to do much good. So take a little bigger one if you have a number of adaptors. There is also an outlet over the mirror in the bathroom, but we didn't use it so I can't tell you which type it was. Have a wonderful trip.:)

Thank you! I have a multi plug I usually take that fits with my stuff (charger for camera, laptop, etc.) I plan to take that one along again with the matching adaptors for UK and US sockets.

I don´t know about the bathroom one, but that´s usually one (on other ships or in Hotels) that works for multi-style plugs but meant to be only used for razors, also don´t want to congest the bathroom space with my stuff;)

3 more weeks until I head to NY:cool:

Thank you! I have a multi plug I usually take that fits with my stuff (charger for camera, laptop, etc.) I plan to take that one along again with the matching adaptors for UK and US sockets.

I don´t know about the bathroom one, but that´s usually one (on other ships or in Hotels) that works for multi-style plugs but meant to be only used for razors, also don´t want to congest the bathroom space with my stuff;)

3 more weeks until I head to NY:cool:

Are you on the June 2nd crossing? We are on the B2B June 2nd. Can't wait!!

Sharon

Archived