Need a buddy for weight loss

Thanks for the quote Cindy!

I am just glad I'm down this week, even though it's only 1/2 pound, it was rough being Mother's Day weekend but I did get a lot of activity in.

I was also feeling bloated having eaten out on Friday night. There is just so much sodium in restaurant food, it stays with me for a couple of days and I have to really up drinking water to help flush it out!

Current - 203

Goal - 145

Hi all, I have been sick this weekend as well. Took today off from work and have been in and out of bed most of the day. Mostly in the bed.

I did weigh this morning though.

starting weight: 162

weight today: 161

goal: 140

:D

So, for mother's day, while the whole family was eating delicious looking Chinese food, I sat there and ate my gross, tasteless diet food.

Starting Weight: 210

Prior Weigh-in: 209

Current Weight: 205

Goal Weight: 130

Sabrina, I see you're down 5# now, that's great! Are you on Core or Flex? I hate that you didn't enjoy the chinese food yesterday! I love going to chinese especially Panda Express because I don't have as much trouble staying within my points. It's hard passing up the fried rice though I have to admit:o

For those of you under the weather, I hope you're feeling better soon. There are several people here at work that battling a cold or flu like.

hey, just checking in with the monday after mom's day weight. could've been worse...

sw-188

cw-179

gw-145

down 2lbs from last week,but was up 1 from the week before. i was hoping for more, but will take any loss.

Laura

Sabrina, I see you're down 5# now, that's great! Are you on Core or Flex? I hate that you didn't enjoy the chinese food yesterday! I love going to chinese especially Panda Express because I don't have as much trouble staying within my points. It's hard passing up the fried rice though I have to admit:o

For those of you under the weather, I hope you're feeling better soon. There are several people here at work that battling a cold or flu like.

Thanks! It was so great to finally see some weight loss. I'm doing the flex, and it seems to be working. I feel that Nutrisystem was way too restrictive. There were SO many things I could not eat at all, and making me take them completely out of my diet, makes me want to devour them when I do get to have them. WW teaches you to keep what you like, but learn to control yourself, which is more a "way of life" than a diet, and I like that a lot better.

It was so hard passing up lo mein and fried dumplings :(

Hi everyone, I'm doing pretty well during breakfast and Lunch. But dinner the last few days I have been have desserts. So I have to get strict on dinner. So next Monday I have to be down from the 129.9 I reported for today :o. We will see how this week goes.

Well its Hump day. Half-way through the work week. Hope everyone is doing well and staying on track. I needed some cough syrup last night and so I put the little one in the stroller and walked to walmart (about a mile each way). Killed to birds with one stone. Got my exercise in and my errands done. :D

Well its Hump day. Half-way through the work week. Hope everyone is doing well and staying on track. I needed some cough syrup last night and so I put the little one in the stroller and walked to walmart (about a mile each way). Killed to birds with one stone. Got my exercise in and my errands done. :D

You go girl! That's fantastic.

It's nice being able to share the ups and down of weight loss with others who are in the same situation. I love hearing about the success stories. I will have one of my own soon, I hope. Today at work I needed to go to the roof of a 12 story building, so I walked up the stairs instead of taking the elevator, and when I could breathe again, I felt great!LOL

Laura

Hi all, I'm also trying to kill two birds with one stone whenever possible too. I think it's a combination of the rising fuel cost and my goal to exercise more to lose that's helping. I walk to Target when I just need to pick up something instead of taking the car.

Today I rode my bike for 50 minutes! Im loving the exercise, I can really see adifference in my clothes recently and it's great!

Mary

It's nice being able to share the ups and down of weight loss with others who are in the same situation. I love hearing about the success stories. I will have one of my own soon, I hope. Today at work I needed to go to the roof of a 12 story building, so I walked up the stairs instead of taking the elevator, and when I could breathe again, I felt great!LOL

Laura

That is great Laura. You made me smile! :)

I have to say I have been feeling a little sorry for myself the past few days. I asked for a buddy to join me on this weight loss journey and then I started feeling left out of the group. I know it is probably only me. I guess I am jsut going through one of my phases. :rolleyes:

It is really cool to see how well everyone is doing. It is nice to know there are others out there who face the same obstacles as I do. Sometimes when I look at someone and see just the cover I am jealous(for lack of a better word). From now on I won't feel like that. There are stories for every person out there and I am learning that I am not the only one who struggles. Such a shame it has taken me 40+ yrs to figure this out.

Good luck to everyone on their journey. You are all doing fantastic.

Good morning all our buddies!

I was over on the Weight Watchers boards the other day and learned about Non Scale Victories (NSV) and thought that this would be a good time for us to share those as well. Sometimes it's not just what the scale tells us but other victories we make along the path of our weight loss journey.

Here's mine today! I think I need new underwear! my bras are getting too loose!

Why do you feel left out... Yup, it is just you! You are doing just fine and I enjoy reading your posts.

Weight loss is certainly a journey and we learn things all along the way so "getting" it" at 40+ is a good thing!

My weight is holding steady, which is a good thing as we compete ths week-end again with that darn skimpy costume! I have been a real slacker with my exercise though, new goal to get back on track next week. We have been practicing everyday this week and will do so right up to the competition though so not all is lost.

took the stairs up to the roof at work again today! i'm soooo out of shape, but i made it and even did it without stopping. and took the stairs down, too...that was alot easier. i also had a non scale victory when i took my pants off after work yesterday without unbuttoning or unzipping them. that felt better than anything has ever tasted.

Laura

I have been walking most every day. I have noticed that my abs and thighs are starting to firm up. I can tell it in my pants mostly. Haven't had to get the new bra yet, but that will happen.

I also checked out mapmywalk.com. I am walking 1 1/2 miles a day, that is going around twice. Next weeks goal is three times around!!!

I have been walking most every day. I have noticed that my abs and thighs are starting to firm up. I can tell it in my pants mostly. Haven't had to get the new bra yet, but that will happen.

I also checked out mapmywalk.com. I am walking 1 1/2 miles a day, that is going around twice. Next weeks goal is three times around!!!

Way to go. I need to check out this site. I have never heard of it. Did you know the straighter up you walk, the more you are working your core? So when you are walking make sure you are in a vertical straight line. By working your core you are improving your balance and burning a couple more calories.

took the stairs up to the roof at work again today! i'm soooo out of shape, but i made it and even did it without stopping. and took the stairs down, too...that was alot easier. i also had a non scale victory when i took my pants off after work yesterday without unbuttoning or unzipping them. that felt better than anything has ever tasted.

Laura

You are doing fantastic.

I did that yesterday with my capris. (oh gosh, I forgot women over 40 aren't suppose to wear them....ooops!!!!)

Stairs are the best. I love the stairmaster machine at the gym but it sure doesn't come close to the real thing. Keep up the good work. When you get up to phase 2 of the stairs, if you want I will give you another hint to help with the butt and thighs!

First, does anyone on weight watchers have the thing that tells you what your personal amount of points are? I know you give your weight, gender and height, maybe, and it tells you how many points you're allowed and how many flex points. I ordered the kit from WW, but it hasn't come yet. I'm using the amount of points I was allowed when I was on it a loooong time ago (before this whole flex program)

Today was a so-so day for me. I brought my students to the Zoo on a class trip, so we did a good amount of walking around. I only brought a granola bar for breakfast, and a granola bar for lunch, because I knew I wouldn't have time to eat anything more than that. When I got home, I had a hardboiled egg, and then for dinner, I caved and ordered Chinese. I don't know if it's okay or not because when I added up the two granola bars and the egg, I was only at 9 points, and I think I'm supposed to be within 24-31 at my weight.

I ordered a small chicken lo mein and fried (I know, I know) dumplings. I ate the 8 small dumplings and a couple of fork fulls of the lo mein. Now, given that I had 22 unused points for today, I might still be okay, and it wasn't really cheating, but now I feel like I wish I didn't do it.

Out of guilt, I jumped on my little stepper for a while, but I still feel bad :(

Thanks for the tip Cindy. I have been trying my best to do that, getting better at it. I have officially become addicted to walking. I just finished my walk, in the rain. I never used to do that... It isn't raining hard here yet and I felt like I had to get it done. Who knows, I may graduate from a one piece to a bikini!! (maybe):o

Pam

I did that yesterday with my capris. (oh gosh, I forgot women over 40 aren't suppose to wear them....ooops!!!!)

I did not know that one!! I love wearing my capris and I am 51.. Please don't tell the fashion police:confused: (lol)

Pam

Archived