Need a buddy for weight loss

What's this about not wearing capri's? does that mean no shorts too! Well, well, I haven't seen the fashion police around here yet, maybe next month when I turn 52 they'll show up!

Sabrina, I don't have what you're looking for. I do the WW online and entered the info and they came back with my points. When it comes to eating out, take a look at this website www.dotiesweightlosszone.com

there's a restaurant site and it helps when you're eating out with adding up your points.

Well I think I'm doing okay this week. I don't know how much I'll lose, but hopefully it will be less. I'm walking to the mail box everyday which I normally do. I'm also doing yard work. Trying to keep our plants from dieing since we haven't had any rain in a long time.. But its our dry season anyways.

This weekend we will be finishing up cleaning the hangar up. So we will get our exercise area back. Then I'll start working out.

you guys are doing so well! It's nice to have the encouragement from others. My dh likes to sit next to me and eat all the things I love and can't have. He's even nice enough to always offer me some. I always tell him no and sometimes I'm even nice about it!LOL. Anyway, I usually will do 2 or 3 flights of stairs 2 at a time(really helps the bum),but then I have to do the rest single. Soon I hope to be able to do more 2 at a time.

Laura

Okay guys..I found this at Nutrional Support on my medifast site. I found it be very informative. I thought I would paste part of it here for us.

Many of us turn to food for many reasons, emotions, boredom, lethargy, etc. It is completely understandable that when stressful life events occur we turn toward food; some of us have been raised to believe that food equals comfort. For many of us food is a friend, a lover and an enemy all in one; but in reality, remember that food is simply fuel. We eat to support our bodies..and yes, it should be enjoyed, but equally remembered that it cannot support us emotionally. To be the most successful, I would encourage you to seek out your own support system--whether that be friends, family, a personal counselor, a group like Overeaters Anonymous or even being more active with the Medifast community; additionally, be sure to find ways other than turning toward food for stress relief: housework, exercise, handicrafts like scrapbooking or knitting (which is all the rage on the East Coast right now!), calling a friend, reading a book, writing in a journal, etc. It is important to identify why you are doing this and if you are doing this often. If you are, then I would suggest seeking the counsel of your physician and/or a counselor/behavioralist to assist you.

Here you go....

That's the word from fashion guru Tim Gunn, who serves as the mentor on the hit reality series 'Project Runway' that premiered on Bravo in 2004.

When Gunn was a guest on the 'Oprah' show, he laid down the law to the over-40 crowd.

If you're over 40, you should never wear:

1. Horizontal stripes

2. Jackets that hit at mid-thigh

3. Pleated pants

4. Double-breasted blazers

5. Capri-length pants

6. Low-rise jeans

Boo on Tim!!!!:mad: :mad:

And a double whammy for me..I feel better when I wear a double breasted blazer.. I thought I looked slimmer...geez maybe I don't.:confused:

Well I think I'm doing okay this week. I don't know how much I'll lose, but hopefully it will be less. I'm walking to the mail box everyday which I normally do. I'm also doing yard work. Trying to keep our plants from dieing since we haven't had any rain in a long time.. But its our dry season anyways.

This weekend we will be finishing up cleaning the hangar up. So we will get our exercise area back. Then I'll start working out.

I have lots and lots of weeds you can come pull. :D

Are you anywhere near those fires that took out all those houses? Those poor people.

I think Mr. Gunn is nuts! My legs are my best feature, do you really think I'm going to listen to him? I don't think so, in addition, living in Florida you really have to stay cool.

Kudos, I'm in Orlando...are you near the flyin community near Ocala?

Mary

IMHO-and I'm not 40 yet-I don't see any reason not to wear capris at ANY age! Why would you limit yourself? Besides that there are people of ALL ages that wear things that maybe they shouldn't, but who am I to judge? If I want to wear something and I feel comfortable in it, I'm gonna wear it. And if someone else doesn't like it, they can look away! Just my passionate opinion...and isn't 40 the new 30?

Laura:p

IMHO-and I'm not 40 yet-I don't see any reason not to wear capris at ANY age! Why would you limit yourself? Besides that there are people of ALL ages that wear things that maybe they shouldn't, but who am I to judge? If I want to wear something and I feel comfortable in it, I'm gonna wear it. And if someone else doesn't like it, they can look away! Just my passionate opinion...and isn't 40 the new 30?

Laura:p

laura...you made my day! Wooo hoooo....I am only 37! I'll take it!!!

Just trying t see if I can get my signature to work.

Hey Laura...I am so jealous. You are going to sail on, in my opinion, one of the best ships sailing. Rhapsody of the Seas. She was the first ship I sailed on and I have compared every cruise to her. Can't be beat!

I think Mr. Gunn is nuts! My legs are my best feature, do you really think I'm going to listen to him? I don't think so, in addition, living in Florida you really have to stay cool.

Kudos, I'm in Orlando...are you near the flyin community near Ocala?

Mary

Well I have to yes since we have about 5 fly-in communities. But I know the one you are probably talking about is Jumblair were John Travolta lives.. We lives about 5 minutes south by air. Ours is Loves Landing.

As for the fires, no its hasn't been bad around our area. But we are always very dry during these months..

Smoothdancer, this pic was taken last October in Miami. We drove down the night before the cruise and just after sunrise my family and I went to the beach to take pics before boarding.

I would love to be there right about now myself. Been a rough week at work. Was suppose to be off today, but the lady who was scheduled had to be out with her son who was stung by a bee yesterday. They found out the hard way that he is highly allergic to the stings. He was swelling all over and was rushed to the hospital. He was give the epinephrin and other meds which of course made him sleep later on. She wanted to be home with him today to keep an eye on him. I did not mind going in at all. The rough part is that I am helping to work on a marketing plan, which I have never done before. I am learning a lot but am finding out it can be rough.

Cindy-I'm so glad you told me that about Rhapsody. I didn't do much research on her before I booked(had to make a quick decision cause of WOW sale). I did alot more research before booking on the Mariner. So I'm glad to hear that Rhapsody is one to look forward to as well(then again, what vacation isn't?)

Cindy-I'm so glad you told me that about Rhapsody. I didn't do much research on her before I booked(had to make a quick decision cause of WOW sale). I did alot more research before booking on the Mariner. So I'm glad to hear that Rhapsody is one to look forward to as well(then again, what vacation isn't?)

Rhapsody was here in Texas forever. We only just discovered cruising and her. The crew was fabulous and became very Texan. There were so many repeaters that the crew knew peoples name and were almost friends with them. We sailed on her about 3 weeks before she left Texas to go to Asia and the crew had turned over to about 60 asian by then. I don't know what is like now that she is back for the summer.

She is small, easy to get around and very intimate. That is why we liked her.

What cabin category are you in? A WOW sale? :( I missed it!

I got up this mornign got dressed for work and..... I have lost 1 dress size!!!!!! was in a 12 and can now fit into a size 10.... Yippee!!!

Have been on cloud nine all day. :D

woooohoooo!!!!!!! Go get a pedicure or a manicure. Or treat yourself to a movie or a massage...You deserve something special.

Better yet....book a cruise! ;)

Congrats!!

I haven't noticed a real difference, but I think it's because I'm not even coming close to the amount of points I'm supposed to be taking in. I ate hardly anything yesterday (not on purpose, but just wasn't hungry), and I walked 4 miles. I didn't weigh myself this morning though. I'm waiting for tomorrow for the Monday weigh-in.

Way to go Moonpie!

I am really getting close to getting into a dress I bought that was a couple of sized too small. I am so looking forward to wearing sizes that don't have a "W" or "X" attached to them.

Sabrina, try to eat your points everyday. Remember, WW is a new way of life and will help you form good eating habits that will last the rest of your life. My goal is to never have to diet again!

I just made the choice to loose 75lbs before my cruise in January. I could really use the support from others and would like to join your thread. I've been doing the South beach diet for 2 weeks now and have lost 9lbs, I just need the motivation to stick to the diet. How is this thread working?

Thanks

I just made the choice to loose 75lbs before my cruise in January. I could really use the support from others and would like to join your thread. I've been doing the South beach diet for 2 weeks now and have lost 9lbs, I just need the motivation to stick to the diet. How is this thread working?

Thanks

Sometimes it is pretty busy and sometimes pretty quiet. I started this thread because I need all the motivation I can get. So welcome. We would love a new "member".

You are doing great. I just heard something about the South Beach diet..they are modifiying it or something like that. Man, I wish I could remember.

I see you are a carnival cruiser. What are they like? I keep hearing things like they are for a younger crowd, party ships etc. I have been on RCI, Disney and Princess. How do you think Carnival compares to those. Although, I have to say, I have heard Carnival has awesome food.(right now though that can't be a plus..it needs to be the worst food on the planet. :D )

Archived