Question about table decorations

I just called Carnival to find out if they offer any kind of table decorations for the reception and apparently they do not. I was advised I would know what room I was going to be placed in 2 weeks prior and then I can make the table arrangements from there.

So I was wondering, what you guys did with the short time frame for flowers or decorations for the tables, cause I do not know the amount of tables until that time.

Thanks for your help!!

I was very worried about decorations on tables too. I didnt want to go all out as I had already paid so much. I got married with princess but i would hope you could do the same as i did. We had a sea theme with sea shells exct. and we brought sea shells and lilttle blue pearl glass bead things and we also had glasses personalized. My fiance gave everything to the wedding cordinator the morning of the wedding and he delivered to the appropriate places and everything was set up when we arrived for dinner. It looked great.

There was so much already on the table, dishes, glasses, bread baskets, etc., that we didn't feel the need to add anything. We felt it would have been cluttered..Although some shells and beads, as the previous poster mentioned, would be a nice touch - something that isn't going to take over the entire table.

I am getting married on the Caribbean Princess on May 19, 2008, and our dinner reception is in Sterling Steakhouse. I am bringing the following table decorations: 5 oversize goblets w/cobalt blue glass at the top and candles for each goblet, small vases with glass beads and tea light candles, and a small round cloth to put in the center of each table in my color (blue). I am trying to convince my mom to make me matching napkins, but we will see if that happens!!

I am getting married on the Caribbean Princess on May 19, 2008, and our dinner reception is in Sterling Steakhouse. I am bringing the following table decorations: 5 oversize goblets w/cobalt blue glass at the top and candles for each goblet, small vases with glass beads and tea light candles, and a small round cloth to put in the center of each table in my color (blue). I am trying to convince my mom to make me matching napkins, but we will see if that happens!!

Off topic from the original post, but you must post pictures and details when you return, because I'm getting married on the CB in May of 09, and appreciate anything you could offer!

We got married a few weeks ago at sea on the Grand Princess with lunch at Sabitini's. We brought fuchsia (one of our colors) silk rose petals and a variety of shells for the tables. The manager at Sabitini's actually added some real rose petals to ours which was really nice. We also put the favors (cruise ship luggage tags) at each place. This wasn't a lot, but it added some personalization.

Are candles allowed?? I have heard that lit or unlit candles are not allowed on the ship? Does anyone know for sure? Also, has anyone had their reception in one of the disco's on the Carnival Valor? What is the set up like for hordervers (spelling??) not a sit down dinner.

Are candles allowed?? I have heard that lit or unlit candles are not allowed on the ship? Does anyone know for sure? Also, has anyone had their reception in one of the disco's on the Carnival Valor? What is the set up like for hordervers (spelling??) not a sit down dinner.

I also read that there are no candles allowed, along with bubbles, rice, and some others I can't remember. I actually read it somewhere on here.

Someone gave me the idea to do table decorations that are themed with the different places you are going, I'm not sure how many tables are there and how many people sit at each table so I think it would be difficult to do but it is an idea... Has anyone been married on the Carnival Destiny know what the tables are like, any info would be helpful

Yeah, I would love to add to the table decorations, but I'm a little hesitant, because I do not know what the tables look like, or if they add any decoration at all.

If anyone was married on the Caribbean Princess, I'd love to know what the tables looked like, and if there was room to add any decorations.

I just got married on caribbean princess april 14

my picture link is below if you would like to check it out. The cake at the beginning is at sterling steakhouse because that is where we had our dinner that night. Also you will see pictures of people at a table that is also at sterling steakhouse.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amy-and-jeff

my picture link is below if you would like to check it out. The cake at the beginning is at sterling steakhouse because that is where we had our dinner that night. Also you will see pictures of people at a table that is also at sterling steakhouse.

It looks like there's a good amount of room on there. I may bring something to scatter on the table.

Another question for you: the seashell decorations on your wedding cake, did you have to specially request that? Did you specify what you wanted, etc? And did they charge you extra?

BTW, you look like you had the picture perfect wedding day!

It looks like there's a good amount of room on there. I may bring something to scatter on the table.

Another question for you: the seashell decorations on your wedding cake, did you have to specially request that? Did you specify what you wanted, etc? And did they charge you extra?

BTW, you look like you had the picture perfect wedding day!

The cake with the seashells on it was a specialty cake. It cost me about 200 extra. I was huge though. Could have fed many people. However it did not taste very well. It was worth it though just becasue that was what i wanted at the time. Everything on the cake was edible too, in case you were wandering.

Other than our silk bridesmaid bouquets sitting inside small glass vases that we placed on the tables, my friend Jennifer didn't have any other type of centerpieces for her December '07 wedding on Carnival. All the bouquets were silk and since there were 8 of us BMs plus her bouquet, there were a total of 9 on the tables in vases.

She was frustrated with her WC and Carnival though because since she had purchased her bridal bouquet elsewhere and did not want the fresh bouquet that came with her package, she asked if the flowers could be made into a small centerpiece or arrangement for the reception instead. They refused to make the requested substitution so she ended up using Carnival's fresh bouquet as her toss bouquet so she could keep her silk one.

• 1 month later...

I chose a DJ for the reception so it is going to be in Frankensteins Lab aboard the Miracle.

Are the tables in there able to be decorated?? Anyone ever used this room or another room similiar, if so, how did you decorate the tables??

Great pics! I love your dress- I think I am wearing the same one!!!!

Archived