Miami Port parking

Apparently my last thread malfunctioned LOL! I know the port parking is $20 a day. Is there tax on that $20 or is it a flat $20? I see that there are other parking lots that advertise just under $11 a day but once tax is added that puts it very close to the port parking. Is there any other benefit to not parking at the port? Is there a benefit to parking at the port?

This is our first cruise. We are going on a short 3 night cruise so a hotel type of thing won't really save us any money. We live in Orlando and will drive down.

Also if we get there at 10 or 11am to get on the ship early and get off the ship after 11am will we be charged a full $20 more? We leave Friday 13th of June and get back Monday June 16th. I don't know when the average time to get off the ship is. We are cruising RCI.

Thanks for all the info. I look forward to it!

Tammy

We parked at the port, it is very handy being right there. I would get there after 11AM, we got there closer to noontime and didn't have to wait too long beofre boarding. It is a flat $20. a day I don't think you will get off the ship any later than 10AM, unless the ship is held up for another reason.

Archived