Need advice regarding Noordam cabin selection

Although we've yet to cruise with HAL we are tempted by a Noordam itinerary out of Rome next year in May. I see that several VA category cabins are available (aft, I believe) and wondered if these are anything like the Oceania aft cabins. Last year we were lucky enough to sail with Oceania in one of these cabins and it was our best cruise so far. We assume higher up is better but only decks 4 and 5 have available VA cabins. Any helpful comments would be appreciated.

Bill

I had 5186, a VA aft cabin on deck 5 of the Noordam this past winter. I've never sailed Oceania so can't compare it. We had a nice size veranda with partial shade and partial sun. The cabin was a very nice size, but I don't know the square footage. Perhaps someone else will come on and tell you, although I think on HAL's site if you go to deck plans they have the size of the cabin. The bathroom had a full tub. We were very happy with the cabin and would take it again in a heartbeat.:D

Really appreciate the speedy reply. Just so happens that cabin 5186 was available so we pounced on it. My wife is currently visiting relatives in WI right now so this computer has been extremely busy communicating today--thanks to your comments and pictures of the Noordam. I trust from your signature that HAL is a winner--we love trying different cruise lines for comparison purposes.

Thanks again

Bill

Archived