Internet access in China and Tokyo?

cs91

Not sure what a Sprint Card is. But if it is a telephone-related card:

Tokyo - definitely not. The Japanese telephone system is a different frequency than all the others.

China - highly unlikely.

Does anyone know if there is internet access with a Sprint mobile card in China and Tokyo, Japan. Thanks.

ABSOLUTELY NO if it is a USA card. There is no Sprint service in Asia. You have to get an international mobile card and China and Japan run on different services, so you can't even use the same card in both places. You will be far better off using the hotel internet or an internet cafe. China has "limited" service. Some websites that you get in the most of the world are blocked in China. Google search is limited, AOL will not connect to most webmail services or news. In Japan, use internet cafes or your hotel business center.

I am currently in Vietnam, using my Verizon air card (international version-Global Access). It works well in Asia in quite a few places (but not Japan). The card was over $200.00, $129.00 per month and I pay $.02 KB for data transmission. It is cheaper to use the hotel service with my laptop, but I am lazy. Too easy to just sit in my room.

Archived