Millenium Aft Balconies

Napi's Mom

While looking at photos (http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html ) of the aft balconies on Millennium, I notice a great difference between older photos and the newer ones of the FV corner 7202 (I THINK). Has there been an alteration to the aft of Millennium? When did it occor?? The dividers not only look longer but no longer slant at the ends, plus the railings are now not slanted??? Does this difference reduce the visability:confused: Would also seem they are bigger now.

Napi's Mom,

I am the one who has compiled the photo index that you refer to. I also am the one who took the recent photos that you referred to of Millennium FV 7202.

I have never noticed the difference in the aft balcony dividers until you pointed this out!! And now upon futher inspection of the photos, there is certainly a difference between her aft balcony dividers and those found on Infinity, Summit, and Constellation.

I do not believe that there has been any alteration to the Millennium aft balcony dividers. I do not know exactly which older Millennium photos you are referring to, but the few that I found is making me think that they may be incorrectly attributed to Millennium and are in fact photos of one of the other Millennium class ships? My index used to have older photos of Millennium FV 7202 that I replaced with the ones that I took last June. I do not have the link to the old ones for comparison.

Finally, I will tell you that the present aft balcony dividers that we had aboard Millennium in no way detracted from the wonder views that we enjoyed. Several years earlier we had been in an Infinity FV with the more slanted dividers and did not notice any impact on our view aboard Millennium.

Even that full aft shot...has the slanted glass rails and dividers, is attributed to Millennium. As I'm now in a CC cabin , walk w/cane and I need a handicapped bathroom (all cc cabins have tubs which is a no-no for me, do not even have one in my home, plus no safety rails in any other baths) though not in a wheelchair, I asked for a CC handicapped cabin and was given the WONDERFUL 7212 aft cabin. Upon looking at all the photos...only yours have the different balcony. dividers and railings. Even on the "older picture" you included of the aft...has the slanted ones. Your photos were great...very instructional too.

Even that full aft shot...has the slanted glass rails and dividers' date=' is attributed to Millennium. As I'm now in a CC cabin , walk w/cane and I need a handicapped bathroom (all cc cabins have tubs which is a no-no for me, do not even have one in my home, plus no safety rails in any other baths) though not in a wheelchair, I asked for a CC handicapped cabin and was given the WONDERFUL 7212 aft cabin. Upon looking at all the photos...only yours have the different balcony. dividers and railings. Even on the "older picture" you included of the aft...has the slanted ones. Your photos were great...very instructional too.[/quote']

The full aft photo is one that I found on Cruise-Addicts something like 6 yrs ago and is no longer posted (the original one). Back then it said something to the effect that it was Millennium's aft taken from aboard Infinity. Perhaps I got it reversed when I read it and have documented it wrong all these years.

The photos of CC 7202 are, of course, taken from Constellation. And yes, tubs are found only with the suites.

Found some old pictures on the "Ship Parade" website and Millennium was indeed the same as now, from the beginning, in the aft area...all the other "M" series are with the slanted panels (perhaps considered an improvement to widen your horizon in the inner cabins?Not corner aft.)

Archived