thanks celebrity for coming to galveston

robbs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brahmama:

Hey Robbs,

We're about 1 1/2 hours west of FW - and love Celebrity too! We cruised the Millie last fall and will be on the Connie late August.

Hopefully we can get on one of those winter cruises out of Galveston.

We are so looking forward to being able to drive to the ports!

Carol

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another option you have is to take the RCL shuttle bus that runs between Arlington and Galveston. I don't recall the price, but duirng the local AAA cruise convention, the rep from Royal Caribbean mentioned the shuttlebus. the price was very reasonable, it takes you directly to the pier, and you have a safe place to drop off your car. In addition, you can rest while someone else does the work (no driving stress issues....)

If you want to take a car, there are several hotels that will let you part in their secure parking lot if you stay with them the night before the cruise. Don't have this information at hand, but I can did it up if you are interested.

Neal - Unfortunately, Conroe is also where all the I-45 South traffic begins to back up heading into Houston.

Everyone should remember that whether you or someone else such as the Cruise Line, taxi service, etc., is taking you through Houston, Traffic can almost always be a problem on any day of the seven day week. Especially on the weekends, they have been known to close down major exits/entrances, including those connecting the interstate to other interstates/loops, and back up traffic for miles. Also, The road between Houston and Galveston can get backed up big time because of an accident. And God forbid there is ever an accident on the bridge to Galveston Island. My advice, if you can arrange it, is to come in a day early and stay right there on Galveston Island. Think of it as trip insurance.

Cruise Cat

Unofficial Ambassador for the Community

Vision of the Seas - 8/24/03

Rhapsody of the Seas - 9/1/02

Inspiration - 9/16/01

Jubilee - 9/12/99

<MARQUEE>..........................SAIL ON LMAO!!!....ALWAYS TRUE NORTH!!!...LMAO FOREVER (LF)!!!!...................<MARQUEE>

Archived