Anybody starting a weight loss plan this week

JackieH

Sorry I'm finding this board a little late, too busy wandering around the main ones. I know how hard it can be to diet so a little more support can't hurt.

Wife and I both started our program Jan 2nd this year (why be like everyone else and start 1/1:rolleyes: ) Using the abs diet from Men's Health and tried to get down to "cruising weight" before our latest cruise.

Wife hasn't tracked as closely as I have - last count I think it was total of 10 pounds prior to the cruise in May. I had dropped about 25 pounds since the start but unfortunately put a few back on no thanks to the Carnival dinning room:mad: .

We have started again June 2nd in hopes to be lean and mean come family cruise in 9 months. My goal is another 30 pounds in 9 months, wife doesn't need it but she claims another 10.

We're doing the Abs diet from Men's Health which has worked for us so far. If anyone wants info on that please let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Glad to have you join us..good luck to for starting a weight loss plan again..:)

Well, no one has posted in over a week, I hope that means we are all busy with weddings, graduations, family get-togethers and other summer time activities, and does not mean everyone is dropping out.

I made my 30 pounds in 6 weeks goal on Monday, and am very happy, but wish that was all I needed to lose. I will however keep plugging along.

The end of February I had an umbilical hernia repair operation. A week ago we discovered it is infected. The doctors are afraid that the large piece of mesh they inserted is also infected and I am undergoing aggressive antibiotic treatments at this time. My DD husband is in charge of changing my umbilical dressings 3 times a day, and right now my medication is in pill form, but if that hasn't shown results in a week, they will be switching me to intravenous medication. If the infection can't be controlled they will be operating again to remove the mesh. My hope at this time is that everything is cleared up by mid-September, one way or the other. I have put over a year already in planning and purchasing things for our precruise trip and cruise and would be more than disappointed if we had to cancel.

Hope everyone is still sticking to their programs. JackieH and your son, how goes WWs? It looked like you'd hit plateau, hope the scale is moving again. Candice, hope you have been able to conquer those weak moments. Sluggo, welcome, and my wish for you is that you can start a program again and have as much success as last time. Brnsnbrws, hope the 4th of July finds you down at least 10 percent and maybe even more.

Good luck to us all.

Great job on your weight loss.. Yep,. the board has been slow. I figured everybody was busy.

Lets say I am a down a total of 7 pds, my son is down almost 11 1/2 pds. He lost 3 pds last week I lost 1.2.

I dont mind, if its slow, then so be it. I am still enjoying life and not feeling deprieved in anything I am eating.

Archived