Laem Chabang - Disembarkation Time Diamond Princess

ianeh

Ship shows arrival at 7:00 am. Trying to arrange transport from cruise ship terminal.

What time can one disembark? The transfer service I have booked has suggested 8:30 am. Is this realistic?

Any past experiences would be appreciated.

We did this one last Fall on Princess. The ride from port in Laem Chebang to the airport is a couple hours and interesting enough to keep you from napping. We got to the airport to find our luggage (taken the night before, of course!) about 20 feet from where the bus stopped. It was in a makeshift "corral" with a couple guys standing there, I suppose as security. If you are leaving the next day or have an early departure (we had both!), give thought to staying at the Novotel at the airport. It's a gorgeous place and, obviously, ultra convenient. They have an airport shuttle. We bought a tour through the concierge at the hotel that was fabulous -- mini-van, driver, guide (with excellent English) for three of us for, I think, $185 USD. It's about 25 minutes into the city from the airport. The tour was about seven hours and was superb throughout! If I did it again, I'd probably stay downtown for a night and then move out to the Novotel. Good luck!

Oooops! Sorry. I hit the "submit" button before I was finished. As to your other questions... we were off the ship before 9:00 AM. The disembarkation went smoothly apparently, adhering to the schedule (bag tag colors, you know the drill) on or earlier than how it was published in the Patter daily newsletter. In a way, this easy disembarkation was something of a disappointment because it demonstrated that the folks managing it WERE capable of doing it well. This was something we never experienced during the cruise when trying to get off the ship with a ship-purchased shore tour. Show up at the appointed hour only to bein a lengthy (up to 30 minutes!) line to get your tour sticker and get off the ship. This was extremely frustrating and never improved until that last day in Laem Chebang when, I guess, they wanted rid of us on a hurry-up basis!

Archived