you`re not going to believe this

loman

I made my 9:30 am departure flight with two hours to spare!

I posted a few weeks ago about possibly booking my flight too early and was a little nervous.

Just finished an eastern caribbean on RC LOS ,(the ship is outstanding.)

I carried my own luggage down to deck 4 about 5:45 am, was the 5 th in

line , we went through customs at 6:25 am ( there was some problems ),

got to Miami International at 6:50 am, and into the gate at 7:10 am.

A word of caution though, i got the wrong boarding pass for my wife and

had to go back, and we both got someone else`s sea passes when we got on the ship. I will always check from now on, dont trust that the clerks will do it right.

One other mis-adventure while in St Martten , they were having a Carnival in the afternoon , and doesn`t our bus driver run us right into it. We had hoof it and push our way throught the crowd for several blocks and then cut right into the parade to get across the street, so we didnt miss

the boat. Other than that it was a great cruise.

Well... you made the flight and that is great, but there are times when ships DO NOT CLEAR CUSTOMS THAT QUICKLY and an early flight like yours COULD BE MISSED. Happy you made the flight, but I'll be darned if I am going to be up that early in a rush to catch a flight back ! Glad your cruise was a great one :D

I made my 9:30 am departure flight with two hours to spare!...............

To me that means you were right on time. ;) Airlines expect you to check in for a domestic flight two hours prior.

If you arrive with a half hour to spare you would not have made the flight. :eek:

You guys are absolutely right , i dreaded the thought of hanging around the airport on stand-by . I consider myself lucky that i made that early flight. I wont be doing that again. There was a 1:40 pm flight that i should

have booked. Thinking back , that is probably there at that time slot for cruisers. Lesson learned and bullet dodged.

I have to admit though , that early in the morning you do move through pretty quickly.

There were two guys with over 100 cruises each on RC ( one guy`s name was Mario ) and they were both in the line up just behind me. They dont

waste any time getting off the ship. Mario had 24 cruises on LOS. That translates into every other week on that ship. Its only been in service for one year . They were honored at a reception along with three others .

Between the 5 of them they totalled over 600 cruises with RC.

I think they are addicted . But thats not a bad thing .

You guys are absolutely right , i dreaded the thought of hanging around the airport on stand-by . I consider myself lucky that i made that early flight. I wont be doing that again. There was a 1:40 pm flight that i should

have booked. Thinking back , that is probably there at that time slot for cruisers. Lesson learned and bullet dodged.

I have to admit though , that early in the morning you do move through pretty quickly.

There were two guys with over 100 cruises each on RC ( one guy`s name was Mario ) and they were both in the line up just behind me. They dont

waste any time getting off the ship. Mario had 24 cruises on LOS. That translates into every other week on that ship. Its only been in service for one year . They were honored at a reception along with three others .

Between the 5 of them they totalled over 600 cruises with RC.

I think they are addicted . But thats not a bad thing .

People often joke about living on a cruise ship instead of a retirement home.... Once you take a few, you begin to be an "elite" cruiser, and get perks (UPGRADES!).Fine dining, gym facilities, housekeeping, a doctor etc, change of scenery. That's why I asked if they were young or old.

Maybe that's what they were doing!

They both were 60 ish , but looked to be in good physical condition .

They were also both travelling solo . Wonder if they have to pay a

single suppliment ?

It's not a joke - scroll down to see about 2 women who have lived long term on cruise ships ;)

http://www.snopes.com/travel/trap/retire.asp

People often joke about living on a cruise ship instead of a retirement home.... Once you take a few, you begin to be an "elite" cruiser, and get perks (UPGRADES!).Fine dining, gym facilities, housekeeping, a doctor etc, change of scenery. That's why I asked if they were young or old.

Maybe that's what they were doing!

Archived