Canopy Tour

bearette

Has anyone taken the canopy tour through Vallarta Adventures? I noticed it is about $30 cheaper per person to do it through them. I heard this is the same company Princess goes through, but that might just be a rumor. I just wanted to see if there is enough time to do the tour with them. We are in port from 7am until 6pm on the Diamond Princess. Thanks for your feedback!

Took it last February. You have to find your own way to their office, about 15 minute cab ride from the Pier, $5 or so. We were in PV until 11:00PM, so there was plenty of time, but even if we left at 5:00PM it would have been sufficient.

Tour was great, but here is a valuable piece of advice. Anyone who plans on going on that tour must not have any fears of heights. It is pretty intense and some of the spans are long. 4 people bailed out of the tour I was on (including my two kids). This isn't as intense as skydiving, but it is much more intense than most excursions.

The zip lines weren't scarey to me, but those crazy swinging bridges were awful (I would have not considered myself scared of heights, until this!!)!!! I will have to tell you, our transportation to the canopy place broke down, so we were stranded on the roadside for about an hour while we waited for another van, so there can be unexpected delays and if you book with the cruise line and you are late returning, you know they aren't going to leave w/o you! But having said that I feel like the people at Vallarta Adventures will do everything possible to get you back on time, even if you don't book through the cruise line.. Maybe you can book an early time, so it won't be a problem if something unexpected happens.

Ok- so heights do bother me-- but we want to take this tour because it looks like fun. I am just afraid if I feel like I am going to fall... so- are you always hooked up to the "safe" line- or do they unhook you and leave you standing on a really small platform really up high... with no rail- so that you feel like you are going to fall? I read other people who said they were afraid of heights- and yet did just fine on this- so we were getting ready to book it. What do you think? I really wanted to use it as an opportunity to get over my fear... but I do have to be realistic...

Thanks!!

You will always be hooked up to 2 cables, even when you are on the platforms. They are very systematic in the way that they release you from the zip lines and hook you to the platforms. I felt like they took every effort to make you feel safe. They really make it fun, they are actually quite funny guys, but you can tell the really focus on safety.

To the top.

More responses, please. I have a fear of heights when I don't feel in control--or that I could lose control. I have stood at the top of the World Trade Center looking straight down without apprehension--glass and steel to keep me safe--in my mind. But if I stand in the front row of the balcony at church and look down (understand, my center of gravity is above the balcony railing), I feel apprehension.

The canopy tour sounds like such fun, but I don't want to undertake more than I should. Any feedback from others with acrophobia?

Archived