email NCL president 9 day Spirit cruisers!

cruisin-Trish

Since NCL says they may still change their minds about the itinerary for the 9 day Spirit Itineraries I called NCL and got the email of the President. Yes, I do know that cruiselines have the right to change the itinerary at any time. As of right now(no change for a couple of days) Barbados is again our first port but they have cut the port time by 2 hours! Instead of 11am until 7pm it is now 1pm until 7pm! Yet Grenada is our second port and we spend from 7am until 6pm on an island that has been devastated by a hurricane! What's up with that?

Anyway, that's exactly what I'm going to ask Mr. Vietch when I write to him.

I hope others write to him also. Perhaps our voices will be heard.

colinvietch@ncl.com

We are on a five day cruise 10/17 which lists Grand C. They still have not given us info in the change of port. It seems all the cruise lines are doing this not just NCL. I would like to be able to tell my family where Im going but it seems that the cruise lines don't care.

I would like to be able to tell my family where Im going but it seems that the cruise lines don't care.
Do you really think that the cruise lines don't care? Don't think that port changes are huge things and it's more than a snap decision? I think it's way off base to say the cruise lines don't care just because you may have a port change that they haven't told you about. It says in their contract that they can change ports at any time and they don't have to give advance notice.

We are on a five day cruise 10/17 which lists Grand C. They still have not given us info in the change of port. It seems all the cruise lines are doing this not just NCL. I would like to be able to tell my family where Im going but it seems that the cruise lines don't care.

Riotgrl13...I agree that NCL and other liners are not being upfront with their passengers. I am booked on NCL Spirit 10/31/04 and one of my POC is Grand C also. Yet when I called NCL they are saying that we are still going there. Let's face it, Ivan did a doozie to that island. We are not going there, so just tell us what our options are going to be. NCL "higher-ups" must know where they are going to send us, I mean come on how many places can we really go. All me and by hubby want to know is where we are going BEFORE we set foot on the boat. Now I do understand if we were sailing already and we had bad weather, the captain will change the route, but WHAT IS OUR CURRENT PLAN OF ACTION! I just wish they would tell us more, that's all.

Rabbit

Or is it: 1) the plans are not finalized, or 2) some staff do not know what is going on (like when you call two different times and get two different responses) or 3) Perhaps they anticipate by that date it COULD still be the itinierary, for example,the port told them "by this date we may be operational but we can't guarantee that but we are 99% certain" .or maybe there is some information that your not privleged to know at this particular time. My own opinion is that perhaps things are so tenuous because of all the hurricanes. Having just survived two myself, it would make sense to me that the schedules for ports are ever changing. I can say that here in Florida many schedules involving the toursim industry, hotels, events etc. have been changing all the time and simliar situations like you described have been true here in Florida ....Menina

I don't think the problem is the actual changing of ports. I think the problem is the fact that NCL is still telling us that our itinerary has NOT changed. According to them in 2 weeks we will be spending the day in Grand Cayman. Everyone on these boards knows that is not true. I understand they have the authority to change ports without advanced notice but I know my problem is simply being lied to. If they would just say they are working on scheduling alternative ports (without telling me which ones) it would at least help. But to just say our itinerary hasn't changed is BS and we all know it.

Since NCL says they may still change their minds about the itinerary for the 9 day Spirit Itineraries I called NCL and got the email of the President. Yes, I do know that cruiselines have the right to change the itinerary at any time. As of right now(no change for a couple of days) Barbados is again our first port but they have cut the port time by 2 hours! Instead of 11am until 7pm it is now 1pm until 7pm! Yet Grenada is our second port and we spend from 7am until 6pm on an island that has been devastated by a hurricane! What's up with that?

Anyway, that's exactly what I'm going to ask Mr. Vietch when I write to him.

I hope others write to him also. Perhaps our voices will be heard.

colinvietch@ncl.com

I have emailed Colin Vietch at the address you provided.... one of my emails was not returned.... the other was returned today (same day sent)... Message stated----did not reach the following recipient(s):

COLINVIETCH@NCL.COM on Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:34:02 -0400

The recipient name is not recognized

The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=us;a=

;p=ncl;l=PALMETTO0410071834TGLMYN7Z

MSEXCH:IMS:NCL:MIAMI:PALMETTO 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

SINCE... one email was not returned and the second email was returned and since I used the same address.... it appears that Mr. Vietch is not accepting emails or he is not available ?..... Has anyone ever received an email from the president of ncl... Mr. Colin Vietch....?

1. It may be helpful to know that you have spelled Mr. Veitchs name incorrectly. Incorrectly spelled email addresses are usually returned automatically.

2. You might also want to know that at NCL - like many cruise line companies - email addresses are constructed by using the first initial and the last name.

If you try cveitch@ncl.com , you may have much better success.

I just emailed him also and Cecilia I think that your missing the point. I realize that the cruise lines have a right to change ports however, I object to not being informed in a timely manner. If you are on the ship and cannot stop for some reason that is entirely another matter.

Thanks Michael for correcting the email info for Mr. Veitch! Sorry, everyone for giving the wrong email info! It was not intentional! I posted exactly what was told to me by an NCL agent letter by letter.

I, too, had my email returned. I called NCL prior to reading Michael's post about the email and was given the same email Michael posted.

Trish

I just emailed him also and Cecilia I think that your missing the point. I realize that the cruise lines have a right to change ports however, I object to not being informed in a timely manner. If you are on the ship and cannot stop for some reason that is entirely another matter.
No, I understood your point. You flat out said that it seemed that the cruise line didn't care. That's different from wanting to be informed of changes to your itinerary. That's more than understandable. But making the connection between not being informed to they don't care is a big stretch to make. That's my opinion. I see it differently than you.

I can understand that there must be alot of uncertainty about Grenada at this point and they may be waiting to see how quickly this island can be cleaned up, however, I can't understand why NCL would change the 9 day Spirit itinerary to show St. Vincent as a replacement for Grenada, and now change it back.

When I called NCL to inquire, I was told they were only considering St. Vincent (although it was clearly on the itinerary on their website) - and I was assured that we were definitely going to Grenada, despite the sad and horrible devastation that I have seen in the pictures caused by Hurricane Ivan.

Whatever happens, I'm fine with it - however, I'm not planning anything for that day.

I did receive a reply from Mr. Colin Veitch of NCL.... He responded to my email and I have posted that information on C.C. If you receive any info from NCL or Mr. Veitch by email please let us know the position that ncl is taking in response to your email......

Archived