Laundry service on the Jade

BillK400

We will be traveling on a 14 day cruise on the Jade (6/13/08) and I was wondering what the cost of laundry services are? I understand the self serve Laundromats have been removed and only the ships laundry is now available for cleaning clothes. I also understand that somewhere near the end of the cruise (day 10 or so) a special on laundry is run where a bag is provided and its basically all you can "fit" for $20 or so. I think we may need to have laundry done prior to near the end of the cruise and was wondering if they charge by garment or do they have a bag you can fill (maybe not the special price)? Info on the cost of the laundry services will impact how we pack for the trip. Thanks!

I have the price list from the Gem. Should be the same but I have no way to scan and attach a copy.

Here are a few prices for laundry not dry cleaning. Ask about anything else

Socks $1

underpants $3

shorts $3

pants $4.25

skirt $3.50

polo shirt/tee shirt $3

dress/sport shirt $3.50

I have the price list from the Gem. Should be the same but I have no way to scan and attach a copy.

Here are a few prices for laundry not dry cleaning. Ask about anything else

Socks $1

underpants $3

shorts $3

pants $4.25

skirt $3.50

polo shirt/tee shirt $3

dress/sport shirt $3.50

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be packing enough to make it to 10 days without using the laundry services if possible. At $3 for underpants it would be cheaper to just make the ones you bring "disposable" as the Fruit of the Loom undies I buy are much less than $3 each....lol

Do you have the cost of the "all you can fit" laundry bag special?

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be packing enough to make it to 10 days without using the laundry services if possible. At $3 for underpants it would be cheaper to just make the ones you bring "disposable" as the Fruit of the Loom undies I buy are much less than $3 each....lol

Do you have the cost of the "all you can fit" laundry bag special?

It was $20. I got $44 worth of laundry in it. How do I know? At first they charged my account at the by the piece price. No problem getting it fixed but it proves you always need to check you account.

It was $20. I got $44 worth of laundry in it. How do I know? At first they charged my account at the by the piece price. No problem getting it fixed but it proves you always need to check you account.

I hope the bag doesnt rip easily so I can stuff it good!

FYI.................

Note: There will be no laundry facilities available for our guests to use when the Pride of Hawaii becomes the Norwegian Jade.

Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service

Laundry, Dry cleaning and Pressing services are available on all ships. Three types of services are offered: regular service, next day 6:00 pm service and same day service.

Note: Garments are accepted at NCL's discretion, e.g., damaged or unusually delicate garments cannot be accepted. In case of loss or damage, liability is limited to ten times the price charged for cleaning/pressing of said article. NCL is not responsible for shrinkage, discoloration, zippers or for articles left in clothing. Charges for laundry, dry cleaning and/or pressing are charged to the guest's onboard credit account.

LADIES

GENTLEMEN

LAUNDRY

PRICE

LAUNDRY

PRICE

WOMEN------------------------MEN

Underwear $1.25--------------Underwear $1.25

Hosiery$1.00------------------Socks $1.00 (pair)

Nightgown $3.00---------------Pajamas $4.00

Housecoat $3.50---------------Bathrobe $3.50

Blouse $3.50-------------------Polo Shirt/T-Shirt $2.50

Skirt/Slip$3.50-----------------Shirt (dress) $3.00

Dress (wash)$5.00-------------Shorts $2.50

Slacks $3.50-------------------Pants (wash)$3.50

Swimsuit $2.00----------------Jeans $3.00

Sweatshirt $3.00

DRY CLEAN & PRESS

Suit $7.50--------------------Suit $7.00

Slacks $4.25--------------------Pants$4.25

Jacket $4.50-------------------Jacket $4.50

Blouse $4.50-------------------Sweater $4.30

Skirt $4.50---------------------Coat $7.00

Dress $7.00--------------------Tie $2.00

Silk Dress $8.00-----------------Shirt $3.50

Evening Gown $8.00-------------Shorts $3.00

Scarf $2.50---------------------Vest $2.50

For "Press Only," the price is 50% of the Cleaning price.

All prices are subject to change

• 2 weeks later...
I hope the bag doesnt rip easily so I can stuff it good!

If the bag is the same it is sturdy. We were able to stuff all of mine and all of my husbands clothes from a 7 week cruise into it (less formal wear). Just take the time to put it in there carefully. I rolled it tight, rather then throwing it in.

The bag was approximately 2 feet by 2 feet IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY FROM LAST YEAR.:p

Archived