Flying between Manaus, Brazil and Florida

Modern_Viking

Has anyone here flown between south Florida and Manaus, Brazil using Princess provided air?

I am wondering what cities they fly from, what time of day the flights were, etc. I'm guessing that they might have to use charter air since there only seems to be one commercial flight per day on this route (out of Miami on a plane that holds about 150 pax).

Thanks!

I't been many years (12-91), but we flew from Miami to Manaus, Prncess air charter. I don't recall which charter outfit they were using way back then.

Being on West Coast, we had to overnight in Miami, and caught the charter early in the AM. When we landed in Manaus, passengers who had disembarked from the ship that AM loaded into the same plane to return to Fl.

A fairly recent threat indicated that there are now two charter flights, needed to accomodate the larger passenger loads of the ships being used now.

I don't know if the Search function is currently working, but there have been several threads regarding flights to/from Manaus.

We flew from Ft. Lauderdale to Manaus in April 2005 and used Princess Air. We flew commercially to Ft. Lauderdale and Princess put us up in a hotel there (Marriott North). At the hotel we checked in for the cruise and had our luggage collected. At the check in they also made sure you had your Brazilian visa and yellow fever vaccination documentation. They won't let you on the plane without them. The following day we flew on World Airways to Manaus. There were 2 flights and both were full. The earlier flight was for those people who came from the East Coast, the second for those of us from the West Coast (I don't know what the demarkation line was between East and West). The flight was about 5 hours and after arrival we were taken by bus to the ship. The planes were then used to fly the passengers home who just disembarked in Manaus.

There are regularly scheduled flights from the US to Manaus, but are not necessarily direct. Copa Airways flies through Panama. When we went, the other option was to fly through Sao Paolo, but that's w-a-y out of the way.

Based on recent posts, some people have been put on Omni Air, another charter outfit. Let's just say it appears to have been less than pleasant. :rolleyes:

I hope this helps.

We flew this past March from Ft. Lauderdale to Manaus on the Princess Charter. It was Omni air and was a very nice flight. The plane was very clean and in excellent condition, the crew very nice. We had a hot meal, plenty of wine and very good service. Only hang up was in Manaus with the Brazilian authorities who were very slow to do the customs (only one person) and the baggage area was very small.

We flew this past March from Ft. Lauderdale to Manaus on the Princess Charter. It was Omni air and was a very nice flight. The plane was very clean and in excellent condition, the crew very nice. We had a hot meal, plenty of wine and very good service. Only hang up was in Manaus with the Brazilian authorities who were very slow to do the customs (only one person) and the baggage area was very small.

Your flight sounds much the same as ours. We flew down in April, 2006 on Omni Air. The flight was great. I contacted Princess prior to our departure requesting seat assignments and much to my surprise we were seated in business class.

This is when I suggest taking Princess’s air. As I spoke to several people that booked their own air and flew over most of South America, changed planes and spent as much as 20+ hours getting to Manaus. Our flight was non-stop and only about 5 hours.

Attached is a picture of Piranha fishing in the sunken forest along the Amazon.

2870862690101254243S500x500Q85.jpg

Has anyone here flown between south Florida and Manaus, Brazil using Princess provided air?

I am wondering what cities they fly from, what time of day the flights were, etc. I'm guessing that they might have to use charter air since there only seems to be one commercial flight per day on this route (out of Miami on a plane that holds about 150 pax).

Thanks!

We were on the Royal r/t Ft. Lauderdale/Manaus/Ft. Lauderdale in January and didn't therefore, need Princess air arrangements. However, every single person we met who used Princess air (getting there or returning to USA) had nightmare stories to tell about last-minute flight notification, delays, rerouting, canceled flights, long airport stays, etc. "Never Agan," was the consensus.

I am so happy to read this since we're doing that cruise in March/April and no flying to or from Manaus involved. The great way to go; B2B R/T FLL. If you have the time, what you save on air can almost buy you another cruise.

Pia

We were on the Royal in Feb. Ft.Lauderdale to Manaus and stayed at the Hotel Tropical and toured from there for 4 days.It was wonderful.We flew back Business class on Copa.Business was very reasonable about the same as Princess charter.Service and food were like the old days of flying GREAT.Kathe

Archived