Kids activities on Liberty

bernieb86

I have three boys, now 16, 12 and 8; we started cruising four years ago, and we sailed on Liberty last year. All told, we've had kids in each age group for Camp Carnival, although we haven't yet experienced "Circle C" for the 12-14 group (they started it after our oldest left this age group). I've always found that Camp Carnival provides good activities for the kids; the youngest especially likes the arts and crafts activities and the "Hunt for Funship Freddy," which is a guided hunt through the ship for the 6-8 group. They also have slumber parties during the cruise (extra charge) that my kids have enjoyed. The older kids come and go as they want; my oldest is now in Club O2, participates in some of the organized activities, and hangs out with his new friends. Hope this helps - if you have some specific concerns or questions, I can try to answer them.

Hello. Any opinions or experiences with kids activities on Liberty (8,11,14 years old)? Thank you.

We just got off the ship. I have the Camp Carnival Capers. Here's the quick rundown for 9-11 years old.

Sunday - Day at Sea - Card games & Ice Breakers, Games Galore (air hockey, ps2, foosball, Water Wars (kids love that one), Water Colors, dodge ball, Games, T-shirt coloring, karaoke rock out night

Monday - talent show sign up and rehearsal, wacky words & name that tune, dance class w/ liberty dancer, professional childrens portraits, scavenger hunt, movie night.

Tuesday - disney scene it, wii bowling tournament, "survivor swim challenge", make your own pizza, song stumpers, ship drawing competition.

Wednesday - movie, people bingo, cat & mouse, musical pictionary, go to stage show with camp carnival.

Thursday - coke/pepsi & steal the bacon, games, guess the celebrity, deal or no deal, movie night (kids choose)

Friday - final talent show rehearsal, games, water wars, hunt, the chocolate game, talent show, games, leave for show with camp - wonderful world show

Saturday - poison frog & pencil games, balloon volleyball, penny boats, krazy karaoke, camp carnival farewell party, drawstring bag art

I left out a couple of items like the build a bear activities - there are two or three opportunities for that and parent need to be there for that.

They let my 8.5 year old be in the 9-11 group since his older 10-year old sister was in that group. My son went often and my daughter went a moderate amount of times. They loved going at night. The counselors pool tips. We left $30 because it felt right for the amount of time my kids used the camp and the supervision they received.

Both of my kids liked Camp Carnival better than the RCCL program. It's one of the reasons we go with Carnival when we take our kids.

Archived