Vancouver Airport to Fairmont Waterfront

What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel and around how much will it cost?

You have 3 options, all of which will take you from the airport right to Fairmont Waterfront:

1. taxi - about $35-$40; allow 40-45 minutes (this is the average time. May be more or less depending on traffic)
  2. limo - about $50; same time as a taxi
  3. Airporter - $13.50/person. It will take just under an hour and will have a few stops in between.

If it were me, and money is no object, and I just want to get to the hotel as quickly as possible, it's a toss up between a cab and a limo, with the limo taking first place, and the cab a close second. The deciding factor for me would probably be which one has the shorter queue.

You have 3 options, all of which will take you from the airport right to Fairmont Waterfront:
  1. taxi - about $35-$40; allow 40-45 minutes (this is the average time. May be more or less depending on traffic)
  2. limo - about $50; same time as a taxi
  3. Airporter - $13.50/person. It will take just under an hour and will have a few stops in between.

If it were me, and money is no object, and I just want to get to the hotel as quickly as possible, it's a toss up between a cab and a limo, with the limo taking first place, and the cab a close second. The deciding factor for me would probably be which one has the shorter queue.

Thank you so much.

I second the Limo. Have used it twice myself. Just so much nicer than a wee cab that they use now. and you know exactly what it will cost before you leave regardless of traffic.

• 2 weeks later...
I second the Limo. Have used it twice myself. Just so much nicer than a wee cab that they use now. and you know exactly what it will cost before you leave regardless of traffic.

Do you have to pre-arrange the limo or are they waiting at YVR? Do you know what limo service you used?

:confused: Thanx,

The service at YVR is Limo Jet. they have a web site but get your info off YVR's site

http://www.yvr.com/guide/toandfrom/index.asp

They are available at the departure level doors to the right,.... ahead of the taxi line (to the left)

Normally there are quite a few waiting but I have seen the line empty and watched as they returned to immediately pick up fares.

I will be in Vancouver for a couple of days in August after a RCCL cruisetour. Four of us will be traveling together from Sutton Place to the Vancouver Airport. Are any of the taxis "van taxis" that could accomodate all of us or or we better to use the limo? Thanks for your help.

I will be in Vancouver for a couple of days in August after a RCCL cruisetour. Four of us will be traveling together from Sutton Place to the Vancouver Airport. Are any of the taxis "van taxis" that could accomodate all of us or or we better to use the limo? Thanks for your help.

Yes there are van-taxis but there number is finite so you will need to ask the Sutton Place to request one specifically. If they can't then you will likely need a limo as most of Vancouver's cabs have been down-sized to mid-sized Japanese type products.

The four of us waited in a short line and hopped in a Limo from the Airport to Sutton Place last year because the Limo could accommodate all the luggage and us. At the end of the ride we spoke to the driver and arranged for him to pick us up the next day and drive us over to the ship - couldn't have been easier! (The Sutton is lovely and we had a terrific room, but remember to ask for a location far from the elevator. Our friends had a room two doors down from the back of the elevator and the constant ruuuuurswoosh drove them to ask for another location. The next morning checking out we were speaking to a man who had the room closest to elevator, who said he had a terrible night because of the noise.)

Archived