Nachi Cocum RAVE!

lootie2shoes

Just got home from 5 days on Ecstacy. I was at Nachi Thursday the first of May and WOW!

I was a little nervous about Nachi. I read the good, bad, and ugly from the message boards before going. I was sold on Nachi for price and the distance. Honestly it was passion isle and nachi til the end, but getting to Nachi was so much easier.

We drove up and, like everyone said, it wasn't much to see. When we walked through and taken straight to our padded chairs on the beach. The water was the clearest I've ever seen. We were greeted by the water sports guy who explained all of our options for the day: snorkeling, parasailing, banana, jet ski, massage....i think that was all. After we told him what we wanted (a massage for DH) he was out of our hair.....MUCH better than the previous day in Progresso.

He mentioned there were only 6 reservations for the day. We basically had the place to ourselves. All of our drinks, alcoholic and sodas, never went empty. The food was fantastic!!! We're Texans and love Mexican food and this did NOT disappoint. We never even got to dessert we were so full. The restroom facilities felt cleaner than the boat lido deck bathrooms!

We didn't want to leave. If they had a hotel, we'd be back there VERY soon! All of our dinner mates were sad that they opted not to join us.

If you want quiet, peaceful, pampering --- this is the place.

If you want an active or party scene -- steer clear!

Since people want to know:

$49/person;

$40 30-min massage;

$20 tip to waiter;

$10 tip to massage;

$25 taxi roundtrip

= $205 for VERY GOOD DAY IN MEXICO for two

Just got home from 5 days on Ecstacy. I was at Nachi Thursday the first of May and WOW!

I was a little nervous about Nachi. I read the good, bad, and ugly from the message boards before going. I was sold on Nachi for price and the distance. Honestly it was passion isle and nachi til the end, but getting to Nachi was so much easier.

We drove up and, like everyone said, it wasn't much to see. When we walked through and taken straight to our padded chairs on the beach. The water was the clearest I've ever seen. We were greeted by the water sports guy who explained all of our options for the day: snorkeling, parasailing, banana, jet ski, massage....i think that was all. After we told him what we wanted (a massage for DH) he was out of our hair.....MUCH better than the previous day in Progresso.

He mentioned there were only 6 reservations for the day. We basically had the place to ourselves. All of our drinks, alcoholic and sodas, never went empty. The food was fantastic!!! We're Texans and love Mexican food and this did NOT disappoint. We never even got to dessert we were so full. The restroom facilities felt cleaner than the boat lido deck bathrooms!

We didn't want to leave. If they had a hotel, we'd be back there VERY soon! All of our dinner mates were sad that they opted not to join us.

If you want quiet, peaceful, pampering --- this is the place.

If you want an active or party scene -- steer clear!

Since people want to know:

$49/person;

$40 30-min massage;

$20 tip to waiter;

$10 tip to massage;

$25 taxi roundtrip

= $205 for VERY GOOD DAY IN MEXICO for two

Your taxi price is $5 short

and to add to that.... for some reason, they charged us $10 less per person at Nachi as well. Again, I have no idea why, so we only technically paid $39/pp. But I was trying to give people a fair idea of what to expect.

Wow, you really do always point out the negative/incorrections...unless its passion isle.

You are correct, our driver charged us $5 less on the way back. Not sure why.

Lol nah actually check my posts im pro Paradise Beach and doing my first visit to passion soon... And the next day back to PB. Taxi drivers dont cut there own pocket, sorry..

Is this the excursion offered by Island Marketing? If so, is it the Cuzumel all inclusive beach resort at the Wyndham Resort or the Cozumel beach break at Nochi Cocum?

Beach Break at nachi..

we are really looking forward to our day at nachi . we are going mid may. DH keeps asking me about the food .What kind of things did they offer.Any concerns re the water and ice??

Most places you go no there is no problem with water or ice.. But Nachi is not truley open to the public so I cant say for sure.

Do you have any idea what the difference is?

Wyndham will be better for snorkeling, Nachi would be better to just chill out for the day.

Lottie, Thanks for the review.

I would like to ask you about the pool.

I have read that there is no stairs to get in, is this correct?

If so how bad is it to get in?

Is there a shallow end?

I have a bad leg and cannot bend to far or kneel, and was wondering how the heck would hubby get me in or out without stairs, lol That would be a site to see, lol

Was the water really cold or warm in the pool? I know some said the hot tub part is is the same temp as the pool.

I liked the idea of going there for either having the beach or pool to swim, but if I can not get in the pool, I might just go to another beach.

Just let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Sue

and to add to that.... for some reason, they charged us $10 less per person at Nachi as well. Again, I have no idea why, so we only technically paid $39/pp. But I was trying to give people a fair idea of what to expect.

When I booked this last summer I had to give a deposit online. Do you think it was only $39 because of the deposit?

Also, for those who may want to know children are $12. My girls would spend that much just by getting water and juice. So, include the beautiful beach, pool, and food, and you certainly have a deal.

i've been debating on whether to do one of these beach clubs or to pay for a snorkel trip to the reef. i went to nachi's website and there is no pricing or listing of what's included. is the food 'all-you-can-eat'? is the snorkeling and the parasailing included or is that extra? has anyone been snorkeling there and can you say that you see lots of stuff? or is it minimal? do they have specific hours that they are open? we don't get into port until 1pm, so i'd hate to pay the fee and then only be able to be there a short while...

i've been debating on whether to do one of these beach clubs or to pay for a snorkel trip to the reef. i went to nachi's website and there is no pricing or listing of what's included. is the food 'all-you-can-eat'? is the snorkeling and the parasailing included or is that extra? has anyone been snorkeling there and can you say that you see lots of stuff? or is it minimal? do they have specific hours that they are open? we don't get into port until 1pm, so i'd hate to pay the fee and then only be able to be there a short while...

Everything is extra, and snorkeling from shore is not great, its a sandy beach. They do close at 5pm so your time would be limited.

The price is $49 for adults and $12 for kids. If you have snorkle gear you can snorkle right off the beach. I didn't snorkle here, so I can't tell you how it is. They do offer parasailing, but it's not included in the fee. They do have all the drinks you can drink. As for food you get to order off of a menu. You can have an appetizer, entree, and dessert. My girls and I were so full from the appetizers and entree that we didn't even eat dessert. I can't remember what their hours are. I believe we got there right when they opened. (I think it was 10:00.) If you have questions you should e-mail them. I'm sure they'll be able to answer them.

bummer they close at 5. i'm guessing we probably should find a snorkel tour or something since we don't port in until 1pm. am i right in guessing that all these beach clubs will close around the same time?

bummer they close at 5. i'm guessing we probably should find a snorkel tour or something since we don't port in until 1pm. am i right in guessing that all these beach clubs will close around the same time?

Im sure there are some places that are going to stay open for your ships passengers.. Nachi seems to stick pretty tite to there hours from what others have posted.

Lottie, Thanks for the review.

I would like to ask you about the pool.

I have read that there is no stairs to get in, is this correct?

If so how bad is it to get in?

Is there a shallow end?

I have a bad leg and cannot bend to far or kneel, and was wondering how the heck would hubby get me in or out without stairs, lol That would be a site to see, lol

Was the water really cold or warm in the pool? I know some said the hot tub part is is the same temp as the pool.

I liked the idea of going there for either having the beach or pool to swim, but if I can not get in the pool, I might just go to another beach.

Just let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Sue

I am not the OP, but I was at Nachi in February. I agree with the OP that it is paradise, worth every penny. In fact, when we booked our next cruise, searched for an intinerary with a stop in Cozumel so that we can go back to Nachi.

The pool does indeed have steps. I looked thru my pics to see if I could find a picture of them, but I don't have one. They are just like regular pool steps, probably 5 or 6 of them to get into the shallow end. You also could step down into the hot tub without too much problem.

Any idea how old is too old to be considered a "child" for the $12.00 fee? Our oldest is fourteen, but they will have a hard time believing us and will probably think she is sixteen.

I found my own answer after posting this. It's from the Island Marketing site -

" NACHI COCOM IS BACK!

Cozumel's most Exclusive...

All Inclusive Beach Club

Holiday SPECIAL

$49 usd/ Adult

$29 usd/ Kids 12-17yrs

$12 usd/ Kids 4-11yrs

Kids 3 and under free

Taxes included"

As for "KenF333," as he pointed out, he isn't the Passion Island person, but the Paradise Beach one. I can't tell you how many times he has replied to my posts about finding a nice, quiet beach and he keeps telling me that my kids will be bored and need play toys, like at Paradise Beach. And I just keep replying that I don't want the play toys and I don't want loud and busy.

Right now, I'm down to either Nachi Cocum or Playa Azul for our July cruise.

As for "KenF333," as he pointed out, he isn't the Passion Island person, but the Paradise Beach one. I can't tell you how many times he has replied to my posts about finding a nice, quiet beach and he keeps telling me that my kids will be bored and need play toys, like at Paradise Beach. And I just keep replying that I don't want the play toys and I don't want loud and busy.

Right now, I'm down to either Nachi Cocum or Playa Azul for our July cruise.

You know what its people like you that make me think why bother, In july you will be lucky to find any beach that is loud and busy, I post alot about all beaches, (nachi included) and you always mentioned the children sorry I was thinking of them and you. Out of your two choice I would do nachi.

You know what its people like you that make me think why bother, In july you will be lucky to find any beach that is loud and busy, I post alot about all beaches, (nachi included) and you always mentioned the children sorry I was thinking of them and you.

I apologize if my post offended you. Your posts are very helpful for those that have very active children and that are looking for more of a "tropical party" vacation beach destination. We just don't happen to fall into that category, which is why I'm searching for more of the secluded paradise getaway for our family.

I apologize if my post offended you. Your posts are very helpful for those that have very active children and that are looking for more of a "tropical party" vacation beach destination. We just don't happen to fall into that category, which is why I'm searching for more of the secluded paradise getaway for our family.

Really its no big deal, had you replied to my other suggestions I may have made other recommendations. Again out of the two choices you have I would go to Nachi.

I am not the OP, but I was at Nachi in February. I agree with the OP that it is paradise, worth every penny. In fact, when we booked our next cruise, searched for an intinerary with a stop in Cozumel so that we can go back to Nachi.

The pool does indeed have steps. I looked thru my pics to see if I could find a picture of them, but I don't have one. They are just like regular pool steps, probably 5 or 6 of them to get into the shallow end. You also could step down into the hot tub without too much problem.

We loved Nachi in January and going back in November.:cool:

Service & food was wonderful.

The beach & water is so beautiful.

But the only problem with the pool is there are NO HAND RAILS along

the steps in either the pool or ajoining hot tub. It is a beautiful ceramic

tile with a shallow area to sun bathe.

I myself slipped & fell getting in. :eek: Good thing water is a soft fall!

I did have a great time but a caution to anyone handicapped.

Archived