new to cruising with some questions?? please

fowler100

we are sailing on the glory on dec. 4 and we were wondering if any knows the price for renting a stroller on board and if it can be taken on our shore excursion?? and can you bring a pack and play for say the poolside or the beach in cozumel?? don't mean to ask silly questions, but it's all so new and very exciting!! (baby is 18 months and very much in the running mode!!!:o)

Hi, and welcome to the board. I don't know about strollers, etc., but you could call Carnival's Guest Services toll free and ask if they rent strollers. You could just bring one of those foldup types, I'm sure.

The pack and play must be like a small playpen? (I'm not up on the latest for kiddies!):rolleyes: I'm sure if it's a foldup type, it would be fine to take ashore to beaches, but there's not much room around the pools on the ships - so many lounge chairs, it's pretty crowded...maybe around the kiddie pool would be ok?

Since your question is now on page four, I'll bring to the top so maybe someone else can answer for you. Otherwise, call Carnival GS about the stroller. Good luck.:)

I did some searching and found this out....(search "stroller + rent")

That was nice. I understand that you can rent strollers on the ships now, so it's really not necessary to bring one, but it was nice to have.

....and I have heard of people bringing pack and plays along but they often said that they wish they hadn't...too much room. (search "pack + play")

My family cruised on the Glory this past March and took our youngest childs stroller. We were so glad! Our daughter was 4 and old enough to walk but young enough to get tired before we were ready to go back to the ship. We not only used it in each port during the cruise, but it was a good thing to have for embarkation and debarkation. During debarkation we were in line with other family members when the four of us were told to go to in a separate line for the elevator instead of having to wait for the line to go down escalators. We had been thru customs and retrieved our luggage and were waiting to go when they got thru their line.

Take your own stroller and pack and play. When the Granddaughter was seven months old we took both. The stroller is a must in airports. You also get on first:) She sleeped in her pack & play instead of the ships crib. Which was like having a little bit of home on the ship. The TA told us to take it instead of the ships crib.

We took the stroller again when she was two and when on the move in the airport and getting on an off the ship it is a must. Like the above poster stated you go to a different line, take the elevator, by pass the lines. It sped things up and made it easier on the little one.

We took our 2-1/2 year old on her first cruise a few weeks ago. We brought her fold up umbrella stroller - it was very helpful during embarkation and debarkation - also used the stoller when shopping at our port calls - we have taken a pack n play on other trips and it was also a great help - somewhat heavy and bulky to carry around - we did not take it on the cruise since our little one has been able to climb right out of it for about a year now - I have never seen stollers offered for rent on a cruise ship, but they do provide cribs for your room.

Archived