Invitation to Cruise Wedding...

I need suggestion for invites for my cruise wedding. I just planned on a "flyer" type of invite with the itinary of the cruise, travel agent info, etc but now I am not sure what I want to do. I kind of wanted something a little more formal than that. Any suggestions, pictures, wording would be helpful. Thanks alot

Hello,

This is what I am using. I am having the ink match my wedding colors and I am changing the font. http://www.einvite.com/product/CBR-GAK-WENS/?Cobrand=CJ&Site=eInvite&vk=1777211146

Other Threads related to invitations:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=711756&page=2&highlight=invitations

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=682714&highlight=invitations

Hope this helps!

Hi... We are sending our "invitations" on a single invitation card we found at kinkos...we'll send this (below) in a few weeks... Its still over a year away...so this will go to everyone..

We are getting married while at sea..not in port.. so once we get on the ship, we'll have "invitations to the ceremony" waiting in the rooms..

We're also having a family brunch reception once we get back.. so we'll send out announcements that we were married (mail them from Alaska) and on that I'll include the invitation to the reception at home..

I know its not traditional..really.. but having a wedding on a cruise kinda lets us make up the rules... : )

This is the invite we printed inviting everyone to come on cruise..

We are planning to set sail

on a romantic voyage!

Bride Name

and

Groom Name

We would be honored for you to join us

as we exchange vows

aboard the Golden Princess

while cruising to Alaska

July 18th to 25th, 2009

Reception to be held upon our return

For details please see our website

www our website com

We had invitation and announcement cards made at a local print shop, with an anchor screened on the background. We sent quite a few announcements, since we only invited 25 or so to the actual ceremony. It's a little bit hard to see, since I blocked out names, but you can kind of get the idea.

We went with mostly traditional wording:

Invitation:

Dr. and Mrs. Bride's Parents

request the pleasure of your company

at the marriage of their daughter

Bride

to

Groom

son of

Mr. Groom's Dad

and

Ms. Groom's mom

Sunday, the sixteenth of December

two thousand and seven

onboard Royal Caribbean

Mariner of the Seas

Port Canveral, Florida

Announcement:

Dr. and Mrs. Bride's Parents

Mr. and Mrs. Groom's Dad and Stepmom

and

Ms. Groom's Mom

are pleased to announce

the marriage of their children

Bride

and

Groom

Sunday, the sixteenth of December

two thousand and seven

Port Canaveral, Florida

invitation.jpg.6f13b9dcbc24a27f91348152c2f3dc21.jpg

announcement.jpg.2c9fd0cadc23c0c8e86bb4ec93580511.jpg

Hello,

This is what I am using. I am having the ink match my wedding colors and I am changing the font. http://www.einvite.com/product/CBR-GAK-WENS/?Cobrand=CJ&Site=eInvite&vk=1777211146

Hope this helps!

LOL I did this same invite I did it in red to match our theme. I loved that I could add as many lines as I wanted, that I could justify each line left right or center. You can change everything line by line and I loved that. The turned out really well.

I found the PERFECT invitations online at http://www.mypersonalartist.com. It has an artist rendering of a cruise ship and we chose to print on them here at home. You can have them print but that costs more. They are on sale right now (.90 each and includes envelope). They also have other designs such as beach scenes and such. I am very happy with mine. I have not decided on the wording yet so can't help you there. Good luck!

If you want to email me I can send you the pictures that I took of my invitations. I used the working from the cruiseship invitation on www.mypersonalartist.com and just made my own. I found my invitations at Office Depot in the Clearance bin so I only paid like $15 a box. Did not use to much ink and just bought ribbon from JoAnn Fabrics and the brads from a Scrapbook Store. I have a new computer and my pictures are to big to up load on here. My new GFIL thought that Carnival provided the invitations, so that was a nice surprise to me since I am not crafty at all.

Archived