Mexco 2009-2010 announced!!

Today Royal Caribbean announced it's 09-10 mexican riviera season. Besides Mariner offering 7 night departures from LA, Radiance OTS will be doing 4 and 5 nights from San Diego. The 4 night cruise will call at Cabo and the 5 night cruise will also call at Ensendada.

Where is this announcement? I looked on the RCL website and did not see anything. I live in SD and have been waiting anxiously for RCL to bring another ship here regularly. They, for a short time, had Legend in SD doing 7 nt Mexican Riviera cruises. We did that and really enjoyed the 10 minute drive to the pier.

Interesting use of resources with the Mariner already there........what a great ship..........just wish they would allow the longer itineraries.........

That's awesome news about the Radiance! I think these cruises will be very successful. I think it's fantastic that they are using San Diego as the homeport. An excellent choice to replace the Monarch.

That's awesome news about the Radiance! I think these cruises will be very successful. I think it's fantastic that they are using San Diego as the homeport. An excellent choice to replace the Monarch.

It isn't a replacement though -- L.A. is still minus a 3/4 night ship (which is going to hurt the San Pedro port in a big way unless they can get Princess to do that route). :( And 99% of the people I talked to up here wouldn't touch a Carnival ship with someone else's 10-foot pole.

No, it's not a true replacement of the Monarch - the itineraries are longer and the cruises go out of SD instead of LA. However, they are still short Mexico cruises out of Southern California. Personally, I think they itineraries are better, and they are something different. I like the fact that RCI is offering something different from the 3-day to Ensenada and the 4-day to Catalina, SD, and Ensenada. They can always go try the old itineraries again in future years.

I imagine these threads will be merged soon...

Although the itineraries aren't all that interesting, Radiance (to me, anyway) is a destination all by herself, so I'm quite happy to see her only 2-3 hours away instead of having to fly to Florida to board her!:D

Sure wish they would bring another ship to Cape Liberty. The Explorer is always booked to the hilt. We need another ship and would love to have a Radiance class.

I hear ya'. I am tired of the same old, same old down here as well.

:D

Congrats to California. I guess I plan a future visit to SD. :p

It isn't a replacement though -- L.A. is still minus a 3/4 night ship (which is going to hurt the San Pedro port in a big way unless they can get Princess to do that route). :( And 99% of the people I talked to up here wouldn't touch a Carnival ship with someone else's 10-foot pole.

It's better than a replacement for the Monarch!! San Diego is much nicer and has more options right at the port than San Pedro :D And, one can only visit Catalina and Ensenada so many times.

###

Uhmm.. I assume alternating like down here

4-5-5-4-5-5-4-5-5.......

Every three cruises you have an exact 14-day rotation.

Thanks! I am just used to the Fri-Mon Mon-Fri Monarch schedule. I can't wait to see the available cruises!!

Thanks! I am just used to the Fri-Mon Mon-Fri Monarch schedule. I can't wait to see the available cruises!!

Yeah thats the 3-4 itinerary.

The 3/4 is a weekly schedule just like the 7 Nighter.

The 4/5 and 6/8 are based on two week rotations.

Does anyone know when the Radiance out of SD will be available to book? I looked, but don't see it yet.

I'm ready to book! I can walk to the trolley and in 15 minutes be to the pier.

Does anyone know when the Radiance out of SD will be available to book? I looked, but don't see it yet.

I'm ready to book! I can walk to the trolley and in 15 minutes be to the pier.

She's out there!!! I put a hold on a cabin already.

While it's nice to see RCI taking care of the west coast, I still will miss the 3 dayers! None of the dates scheduled for the Radiance work with my DD's school schedule! I was, still is until October, real nice to pick her up after school on a Friday, head to the port, relax for a weekend and have her only miss one day of school! We just need to find a date that works! They apparently are only doing limited runs as there are no sailings over the Christmas/New Years holiday in 2009.

We will do one of those trips just to experience a Radiance class!

I have to say that I'm disappointed in the # of cruises they are offering on the Radiance. There are only sailings for 6 months total, Sept - Nov, and Mar - Apr. There are no sailings over Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays. Plus, the pricing seems really high, especially for 3rd and 4th persons in the cabins (over $100 pp per day for 3rd & 4th) during April. I guess I'll have to stick with Princess repo cruises to get my cruise fix between longer (7+ days) cruises.

I have to say that I'm disappointed in the # of cruises they are offering on the Radiance. There are only sailings for 6 months total, Sept - Nov, and Mar - Apr. There are no sailings over Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays. Plus, the pricing seems really high, especially for 3rd and 4th persons in the cabins (over $100 pp per day for 3rd & 4th) during April. I guess I'll have to stick with Princess repo cruises to get my cruise fix between longer (7+ days) cruises.

Just guessing but from December to February Radiance may be doing round trip Hawaii cruises OR may be doing Panama Canal cruises. They haven't released those itineraries yet so keep watching.

Archived